Is this clam gapping? Healthy?

RockusDukakis33

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2023
Messages
76
Reaction score
86
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering what other with more experience think of how this clam looks?
IMG_6434.jpeg
 
That looks like normal expansion. Gaping, unfortunately, starts with the tissue that seals off the openimg on the underside of the shell detiorating so initially it's impossible to determine from a clams normal opening and closing.
 
Looks good to me but I am far from an expert. Is this a newer addition? I only ask because the shell just looks awfully clean. Do you have a white new growth line on the shell? It is the first thing I look for on clams.
I'm envious of your photography skills. I can never seem to get decent images of my clams.
 
Looks good to me. The inhalant siphon will open to various degrees throughout the day, etc and is normal behavior for clams.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new