OP
JOKER

JOKER

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a good size of LRS once daily. Should I increase it to twice daily? I plan to remove one when I start the frag tank to kick start the cycle. The tank is nearing one year, and did well when I only had a few SPS frags, but since I added more I think they are using up nutrients.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a good size of LRS once daily. Should I increase it to twice daily? I plan to remove one when I start the frag tank to kick start the cycle. The tank is nearing one year, and did well when I only had a few SPS frags, but since I added more I think they are using up nutrients.
Either or IMO.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. I really don't have much algae so im thinking I need to do something. In past tanks I have battled algae so I think I have way too much for filtration on this tank. 3 marine pure blocks, about 100# pukani, elite 220 RO skimmer, and a remote deep sand bed.
That's another common item I see used in these situations: Marine pure or Matrix. I pulled my Matrix long ago.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rotate. Lrs , brine shrimp w spirulina, fish eggs , or mysis. From Rotifers when i rember.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,
I think I have a similar dino issue (seen heavily on the birdsnest but also some on the sand and tips of my digitata's). My nitrates were at 0 (which I thought was the right thing until doing all this reading on dino's lately). I've since raised my nitrates up to 5ppm (using Spectracide Stump Remover) and I'm waiting for my Hanna Low-level Phosphate tester to come in before adding any SeaChem Flourish (my regular Hanna Phosphate reads at 0 but not sure that would be accurate enough).

My microscope came in today, and here are some pics. I'm guessing this is Ostreopsis, but would love someone to confirm if possible.

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

Back