Is this duncan bleached?

  • Thread starter Thread starter huso
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

huso

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2025
Messages
58
Reaction score
21
Location
Nh
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
971a3242-83b5-43f4-af6d-7552badbc1ed.jpg
090e46f3-be52-4bf4-abc8-32394819eb23.jpg
I just got this guy today for free and it looks very different from my other duncan in the tank. Is it just a different type or just super bleached. If it is bleached, can it get back its color or is it basically done for? Should I do anything special like spot feed or place in a shaded area?
 
I do not have any personal experience with NPS corals. HOWEVER, my initial impression is that it is some type of sun coral or something similar in the Dendrophylliidae family. The color definitely reminds me of duncans, but the shape just isn't quite there and is much more like a sun coral in my opinion.

You could try offer it food and see how it reacts.

If it is indeed NPS, it may require regular hand feeding and you will want to place it in the shade as I understand that NPS typically do not have any defense against algae, so you want them in the shade where algae won't grow.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new