Is this normal for a Royal Gramma?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^+1 the Damsel will not stop. The spot you mention is it raised like a grain of salt? I think I would FW dip him to check for flukes though. Some of his discoloration is probably aggression related but I see a couple spots near his head that make me wonder.

OP
OP
Philipgonzales3

Philipgonzales3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The damsel will stop after the gramma is dead or stays in hiding
One of them gotta go
I vote damsel, they're mean ********
^^+1 the Damsel will not stop. The spot you mention is it raised like a grain of salt? I think I would FW dip him to check for flukes though. Some of his discoloration is probably aggression related but I see a couple spots near his head that make me wonder.
+2. I'm sorry but in that size tank the damsel will constantly see this newcomer as a threat to its territory.

Bummer. That's what I was afraid of. Any advice on catching the Damsel without breaking down the tank? I tried asking jt nicely to get in the net but that didn't work.

I'm thinking I may have better luck trying to catch the Royal Gramma during feeding time tomorrow and putting it in the 15 gallon by itself. Only thing I can think of at the moment.

Prestomagic17*

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer. That's what I was afraid of. Any advice on catching the Damsel without breaking down the tank? I tried asking jt nicely to get in the net but that didn't work.

I'm thinking I may have better luck trying to catch the Royal Gramma during feeding time tomorrow and putting it in the 15 gallon by itself. Only thing I can think of at the moment.
leave your net in the tank for a day,, the fish will get use to it. Then bait with a little food, patience and swoop em up. I had to catch a domino damsel cause he was messing my maroon clown up.
20190427_163230.jpeg

drstardust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not the best at catching fish in a way that doesn't involve live rock all over the living room lolol. Some people have success with traps, but this can take time or never work at all. I'm slightly worried that your damsel will harass the gramma to death before you can catch it using non-nuclear methods lol

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm. Fish sticks for supper! The spot could be a wound from escape into the rocks. Keep an eye out and dose some cannabis oil before bed to chill out the tank. If anybody steals that idea, I want I cut of that cash cow! Reef safe cannabis dose! There is a money maker.

drstardust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm. Fish sticks for supper! The spot could be a wound from escape into the rocks. Keep an eye out and dose some cannabis oil before bed to chill out the tank. If anybody steals that idea, I want I cut of that cash cow! Reef safe cannabis dose! There is a money maker.
Oh man, don't start that slippery slope! It's bad enough hippy dippy people think it cures all human ailments, now we'll have people who think it cures all fish problems too! :D:p

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, don't start that slippery slope! It's bad enough hippy dippy people think it cures all human ailments, now we'll have people who think it cures all fish problems too! :D:p
Would the fish need a medicinal card?

Jedi knight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging by the video that damsel is definitely the problem here because of the aggression it’s showing towards the gramma the concern part is ich which I hope doesn’t happen to your fish. How long have you had the damsel for?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.9%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 75 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back