Is this rare? If so, How rare is it?

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2017
Messages
3,487
Reaction score
3,321
Location
Santa Barbara, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently (Tuesday) received an about 4-5" volitan lionfish. He is in my 45 gallon QT tank right now, and I have a feeder fish (freshwater molly) that had somehow survived my last batch of fish and was living in the QT tank. The lionfish ate the molly on the first day I had him, and then today, he is eating rods predator food off of a stick!! I know he is wild caught, he was never in a big facility, he was caught on Friday. How rare is it to see lionfish eating prepared so fast?
Thanks,
MSB
 
Most all the lionfishes I owned aet market prawns the first day in my tank, the pickier will eat frozen food 2 days later so they are more readily eat anything that drop in water.
 
Thanks- plus he ate a small laboutei wrasse his first day in qt- I'm so ticked with him, but also with my brother, who was in charge of putting him in qt, according to him, "I moved the wrasse over to the other qt tank yesterday" needless to say, there goes 250 down the drain,... and any chance of my brother ever being in charge of something ;)
 
Thanks- plus he ate a small laboutei wrasse his first day in qt- I'm so ****** with him, but also with my brother, who was in charge of putting him in qt, according to him, "I moved the wrasse over to the other qt tank yesterday" needless to say, there goes 250 down the drain,... and any chance of my brother ever being in charge of something ;)
HAHAHAHA I got 600 dollars fish lasted less than a minute in my tesselata tank before, I was underestimated its power and ability to swallowed down a 11 inches Angelfish....
 
Looking back, he is now about 8” and eating a silverside a day. He doesn’t pick on anyone else and most of my fish are considerably smaller. I think I got really lucky!
image.jpg
 
Looking back, he is now about 8” and eating a silverside a day. He doesn’t pick on anyone else and most of my fish are considerably smaller. I think I got really lucky!
 
I try not to - but I do keep a few damsels just in case
 
Thanks! I have a breeding pair of Darwin’s and gold stripe maroons, both are pretty large.
 
I would think those clownfish are on borrowed time.

Awesome fish though.

They are unless they are hosting a nem. Lion fish are pretty no doubt. However, has a active scuba diver I always am armed to bag as many has possible in certain areas. Dislike it I do but they are a pest.
 
They are unless they are hosting a nem. Lion fish are pretty no doubt. However, has a active scuba diver I always am armed to bag as many has possible in certain areas. Dislike it I do but they are a pest.
Taste good if cooked properly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new