Is this rare? If so, How rare is it?

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently (Tuesday) received an about 4-5" volitan lionfish. He is in my 45 gallon QT tank right now, and I have a feeder fish (freshwater molly) that had somehow survived my last batch of fish and was living in the QT tank. The lionfish ate the molly on the first day I had him, and then today, he is eating rods predator food off of a stick!! I know he is wild caught, he was never in a big facility, he was caught on Friday. How rare is it to see lionfish eating prepared so fast?
Thanks,
MSB

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most all the lionfishes I owned aet market prawns the first day in my tank, the pickier will eat frozen food 2 days later so they are more readily eat anything that drop in water.

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks- plus he ate a small laboutei wrasse his first day in qt- I'm so ticked with him, but also with my brother, who was in charge of putting him in qt, according to him, "I moved the wrasse over to the other qt tank yesterday" needless to say, there goes 250 down the drain,... and any chance of my brother ever being in charge of something ;)

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks- plus he ate a small laboutei wrasse his first day in qt- I'm so ****** with him, but also with my brother, who was in charge of putting him in qt, according to him, "I moved the wrasse over to the other qt tank yesterday" needless to say, there goes 250 down the drain,... and any chance of my brother ever being in charge of something ;)
HAHAHAHA I got 600 dollars fish lasted less than a minute in my tesselata tank before, I was underestimated its power and ability to swallowed down a 11 inches Angelfish....

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking back, he is now about 8” and eating a silverside a day. He doesn’t pick on anyone else and most of my fish are considerably smaller. I think I got really lucky!
image.jpg

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking back, he is now about 8” and eating a silverside a day. He doesn’t pick on anyone else and most of my fish are considerably smaller. I think I got really lucky!

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try not to - but I do keep a few damsels just in case

OP
OP
MSB123

MSB123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have a breeding pair of Darwin’s and gold stripe maroons, both are pretty large.

U

User1

View Badges
I would think those clownfish are on borrowed time.

Awesome fish though.

They are unless they are hosting a nem. Lion fish are pretty no doubt. However, has a active scuba diver I always am armed to bag as many has possible in certain areas. Dislike it I do but they are a pest.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back