Is this scratch in silicone something to be concerned about?

Danthefishman

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2024
Messages
96
Reaction score
30
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I just got this tank a few months ago and I noticed this scratch on the inside of the glass where the bottom and front panes meet. I don't think it's in the glass. it appears to be in the silicone. If you zoom in you can see it good. this is a brand new tank. I'm pretty new to this hobby and not sure if this is something to be concerned about. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
20241109_225103.jpg
20241109_225225.jpg
20241109_193546.jpg
20241109_225252.jpg
 
you think so? it's kind of hard to tell what's going on, but it looks like there's silicone under the scratch still, like it's not really deep.
Im not sure, I think it is probably fine to use? I would contact the manufacturer if you are worried.
 
So the manufacturer said it's just cosmetic and won't affect the structural integrity of the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new