Isolation task force

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all 70 + reefers (and all other isolated and experienced reefers) around the world.

In present situation - most of us is sitting at home in isolation or self isolation. The aquarium is fixed to be tip top. All family quarrels are resolved, all children have left the cage, can´t meet the grandchildren - things start to be boring :D

Let us start a isolation task force and try to help all new reefers out with our life experiences, experiences of aquariums and reef experiences. We maybe not always right in our old way style but we have done a lot of mistakes during the years - mistake that build up our experiences and that we can share with the younger ones. @najer @atoll, @Paul B, @Dana Riddle, @Hans-Werner,@Randy Holmes-Farley and all other with a huge experiences and sitting in isolation - what you say (all of you are probably not 70 + - maybe not near but experienced and in isolation) - can we do that?

My idea is that @revhtree or @Daniel@R2R create a group - as an example isolation task group and invite 70 + and/or experienced people that is in isolation and want to help out to this group - maybe create a badge :D. The idea is that people that want our help can tag us (@isolation task group) or whatever we name it. What you say?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - I´m a member of reef squad - but many of our older and experienced aquarist are not. And in most of the world - 70+ are asked to be in self isolation - if they want to help out with their experiences (and get something to do) - it would be a huge advantage for R2R. It is not instead of reef squad - it is a complement.

Sincerely Lasse

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all 70 + reefers (and all other isolated and experienced reefers) around the world.

In present situation - most of us is sitting at home in isolation or self isolation. The aquarium is fixed to be tip top. All family quarrels are resolved, all children have left the cage, can´t meet the grandchildren - things start to be boring :D

Let us start a isolation task force and try to help all new reefers out with our life experiences, experiences of aquariums and reef experiences. We maybe not always right in our old way style but we have done a lot of mistakes during the years - mistake that build up our experiences and that we can share with the younger ones. @najer @atoll, @Paul B, @Dana Riddle, @Hans-Werner,@Randy Holmes-Farley and all other with a huge experiences and sitting in isolation - what you say (all of you are probably not 70 + - maybe not near but experienced and in isolation) - can we do that?

My idea is that @revhtree or @Daniel@R2R create a group - as an example isolation task group and invite 70 + and/or experienced people that is in isolation and want to help out to this group - maybe create a badge :D. The idea is that people that want our help can tag us (@isolation task group) or whatever we name it. What you say?

Sincerely Lasse

Since you and I, and perhaps many others, have similiar music tastes, I thought this song was pretty fitting.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no idea @najer is 70+. Explains his patience. I’m exactly half 70. So, see you guys in a few ;)
Cheers!

Ohhhh, I'm guessing Simon is NOT going to let you slide on this one. (I believe he is 63.)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh, I'm guessing Simon is NOT going to let you slide on this one. (I believe he is 63.)
He takes so many beautiful pics. I must see a selfie. I’ll match with a selfie if he does.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He takes so many beautiful pics. I must see a selfie. I’ll match with a selfie if he does.

If you ask nicely, he might even share a very particular video of himself. (Sorry, @najer , I tried but couldn't stop myself.)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
57 and? ... ;)
@Lasse needs a little time out. He over-quoted you a bit. But congrats on the shout out. But I’m serious, when this corona thing is done and I go to the UK, I’m stopping by.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
57 and? ... ;)

I owe you an apology therefore, I'm sorry. I had thought you had said in your "twins" thread that you were 62 last year. I was obviously wrong. So, once again, my apologies.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I owe you an apology therefore, I'm sorry. I had thought you had said in your "twins" thread that you were 62 last year. I was obviously wrong. So, once again, my apologies.
I always get mistaken for being 21. I completely understand.

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give @Lasse someting to do now! He's gonna call me at work otherwise, and I won't get anything done.. ;)
Ask him about Cyanobacteria or his theories on red light!!! :D

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your task force would need an entrance video, perhaps steven speilburg would film one from his 14,000 gallon bathroom tank while he is isolated there, and hes in his 70’s. Sure without this he has probably started filming jurasic park 6 with action figures, so sure hes free.

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I am very close - They have VAT in the UK - 20% - so whatever he says put 20% on it -> 68 :p

@Lasse needs a little time out. He over-quoted you a bit. But congrats on the shout out. But I’m serious, when this corona thing is done and I go to the UK, I’m stopping by.
But I wrote -
(all of you are probably not 70 + - maybe not near but experienced and in isolation)

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 71 42.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back