1.7 MB

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are these signs of ammonia ???
Cant view your video or picture - but - the best idea (since it can kill so quickly) imho would be - put in some prime - or do a water change - and then. quickly get an ammonia test - or an ammonia badge (Prob best)?

OP
OP
LOVEROCK

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant view your video or picture - but - the best idea (since it can kill so quickly) imho would be - put in some prime - or do a water change - and then. quickly get an ammonia test - or an ammonia badge (Prob best)?
I have a badger it’s betweeb safe and alert

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a badger it’s betweeb safe and alert

I dont know the badge - I dont use them - I assume part of the problem could be ammonia - its easy to get rid of with prime. BTW - IN SAYING THAT IF YOU HAVE COPPER IN YOUR WAtER PRIME CAN CAUSE ISSUES - so to answer - people need more info. How long in QTk meds, oxygenation, other fish inside, etc. I would look at the instructions on the badge to see whether the level you're at is at is likely to cause problems and act accordingly

OP
OP
LOVEROCK

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticing some fin damage too , only fish in qt

Terry Mattson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to lock up the ammonia as suggested. Get an ammonia test kit. Even api test kit is ok. Zero is what you want. Add air stone to tank.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change if you are using copper.

DO NOT PUT PRIME IN WATER WITH COPPER.

Prime with copper makes a nasty concoction and will kill the fish for sure.
Ok. Now that the warning is out do the way, let us know what you are using as a qt, how it is setup, how many fish, medications in use if there are any and how are you aerating it.

From there we will be able to assist better and get this figured out.

OP
OP
LOVEROCK

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Now that the warning is out do the way, let us know what you are using as a qt, how it is setup, how many fish, medications in use if there are any and how are you aerating it.

From there we will be able to assist better and get this figured out.
It’s a 10 gallon , small job filter 1 heater , holding 77.7 and a live rock that’s been aging for 2 months in main display no meds are being used right now , Symtpoms of fish are swimming at surface but body points like a rocket more or less , rapid breathing

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s a 10 gallon , small job filter 1 heater , holding 77.7 and a live rock that’s been aging for 2 months in main display no meds are being used right now , Symtpoms of fish are swimming at surface but body points like a rocket more or less , rapid breathing
How long has this been going on (the breathing) - and how long in the tan? what is a 'small job filter? How have you managed your cycle (I assume you were assuming the live rock did it).

Since its 'QT' I assume you bought the fish and seperated in case it had a disease - if its not the ammonia - its likely CI, velvet or another parasite. Could also have a concurrent bacterial infection.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many fish, what types, and size? 10 gallon may be too small depending on bioload if the tank does not have enough of a bio filter.

OP
OP
LOVEROCK

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has this been going on (the breathing) - and how long in the tan? what is a 'small job filter? How have you managed your cycle (I assume you were assuming the live rock did it).

Since its 'QT' I assume you bought the fish and seperated in case it had a disease - if its not the ammonia - its likely CI, velvet or another parasite. Could also have a concurrent bacterial infection.
Should I fresh water dip ? It looks to be on the verge on death

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Should I fresh water dip ? It looks to be on the verge on death

Unfortunately - I have no idea what you should try. Are you sure you have enought oxygen - ???? How long ha ve the symptoms been present - how have you noticed the ammonia on the alert.?

OP
OP
LOVEROCK

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately - I have no idea what you should try. Are you sure you have enought oxygen - ???? How long ha ve the symptoms been present - how have you noticed the ammonia on the alert.?
On sea chem is between 0 and alert and according to my brother he’s been like this for about 2 3 hours , as for oxygen I have a air stone somehow it was set to medium and I turned it 100 percent

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On sea chem is between 0 and alert and according to my brother he’s been like this for about 2 3 hours , as for oxygen I have a air stone somehow it was set to medium and I turned it 100 percent

I believe it should be 0. in your answer - cant tell if you meant 2-3 hours or 23. hours.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back