Issue with the G5 firmware update?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I saw a G5 firmware update was available today and allowed it to happen. I was walking by and wondered what that noise was coming from the tank that sounded something like my noisy Apex auto feeder. Turns out it is the very noisy G5 fans running despite the fact fan shutdown is enabled. Before the update don't think I ever heard them run with that setting on and they are horrid. I have never used the max speed option. Nothing else has changed and the house is the usual 74F.

So what I quickly realized is that after the update and the supposed restart is that it left the lights running all channels and fans at 100%. The only thing that remedied this was effectively pulling the plugs on all 3 lights for a real hard restart.

Very good way to cook corals.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I saw a G5 firmware update was available today and allowed it to happen. I was walking by and wondered what that noise was coming from the tank that sounded something like my noisy Apex auto feeder. Turns out it is the very noisy G5 fans running despite the fact fan shutdown is enabled. Before the update don't think I ever heard them run with that setting on and they are horrid. I have never used the max speed option. Nothing else has changed and the house is the usual 74F.

So what I quickly realized is that after the update and the supposed restart is that it left the lights running all channels and fans at 100%. The only thing that remedied this was effectively pulling the plugs on all 3 lights for a real hard restart.

Very good way to cook corals.
Thanks for the heads up. Did you report this to ETM in the Mobius App?

Floribraska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just performed the firmware update on 4x G5xr30 Pros without issue. I was hesitant after seeing this thread, but the lights defaulted back to my scheduled intensity. I'll be curious to see if others report the update defaulting to 100%, or not. Not good if I'm the anomaly here!

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the update while the lights were still ramping up. One light looked dimmer after the update. Either 2 misbehaved or 1 misbehaved.
Adjusted the intensity slider forcing a save and all looked good afterwards.

OP
OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a follow up… afterwards the lights were fine. However just a few minutes ago I walked into the room and something caught my eye. The center light went completely off program and was almost all white. I made and saved a small intensity change in Moebius and all 3 lights seem to be back in sync at least for now.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the update on my 4 G5’s xr 30 pros. Everything works fine and it actually fixed a problem I was having with one of my lights !! I’m happy with the update!

adams901

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that, fans seemed louder.

I initially set mine to 60%, it looks the firmware set it back to default which is disabled.. disabled seems to be 100%

Just set mine back to 60%

Duberz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ran the update on my two xr15 gen5 blues. Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised by now......after the update one light is on a totally different schedule and spectrum. Im about done!

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what the update fixed?
This was primarily an update for G5s

Release Notes:

• Improved overall network performance and mobile device connectivity.
• Fixed a defect causing Radions to become disconnected after prolonged operation.
• Fixed a defect with LEDs turning on briefly after connecting via BLE.
• Fixed a defect that could cause a Radion to not follow its schedule properly.

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The update ran fine when I did mine yesterday.
No improvement on fan noise.

adams901

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran the update yesterday, only one of my lights came on this morning, the other stayed on moonlight, a reboot brought it back on schedule, hopefully a one off

weamdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hating life this past weekend when i couldn't do anything with the software after adding new corals. I'd imagine this update fixed some issues with the first batch of lights that went out. The light worked fine when i first installed it, but obviously something happens over time to make them non-responsive. The only thing i could do was play the scenes, even a hard reboot wouldn't get things working again. Haven't had any issues since the upgrade other than what seems like the fan coming on whwn it shouldn't. Had never had it come on before as i was only running at 50%.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back