Issue with the G5 firmware update?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

denverjon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger. If and when they make it wifi and remote accessible, will they be able to do that through an update to Mobius or would I have to wait until the next generation of lights?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I experienced the same issue again. Woke up his morning and as I was leaving for work I’m looking at my tank and say to myself in disbelief is my Left g5 moon lights Brighter then my right g5 moon lights well yes it was. I’m like you got to be kidding me so I run down stairs to look at my frag tank which is on reverse light cycle and of coarse the left light is on full blast and the right light is dim!!!! So like always open mobius app and click resume schedule for display tank and then switch to frag tank and click resume schedule and the lights even out and correct them self. Sooooooo with that being said yesterday for both display and frag tank I went into edit and lowered the schedule intensity slider from 50% to 35% and clicked save on both then closed the app. At this time everything seemed to be working fine and I went to bed 1 hour later and did not notice anything. So obviously changing the schedule intensity thing is what triggered the error. I plan to try and re create the problem again. I’ll report that back. Also I wonder if this has anything to do with and effecting the smaller % of people who have multiple tank profiles in mobius like me. Sorry so long winded

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main issue affecting Radion G5s, connectivity with the Mobius app, have been resolved with the latest firmware update. Moreover, several improvements and defect fixes were made to improve overall product reliability. One defect that was found was regarding properly saving settings such as Lunar Phases, Acclimation, and Fan Shutdown. If these settings appear to be out of sync, please toggle the setting to the desired value. As a last resort, the light can be factory reset and added back into the Mobius app.

In the case of the fans there are two options:
1) Max Fan Speed
2) Fan Shutdown Enabled

You'll likely want to enable 2) Fan Shutdown Enabled.

The side effect of some of your settings having reverted is just the nature of the beast when it comes to fixing some aspects of the program, but I am very sorry for any frustrations that it may have caused. You can be very relieved that this was a major fix for the main issue many of us have experienced: connectivity issues.

SuthernReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping to ask if these issues with G5 have been fixed? Also anyone with the blues having cracking issues?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back