Issue with the G5 firmware update?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought these new lights and sold my old ones
Yeah it's one heck of a light! I know it will be 100% eventually it's just dangerous right now. Especially those who sold off their old lights too soon....
yes I agree with you and yes I obviously sold off my old light to fast and then Yes obviously bought new corals to fast But when I received light at first it was working fine The acclimation program worked till that update came out and started all these problems. Few days after getting lights and installing them I felt with lights in aclimation mode was a good time to buy corals cause I didn’t want to have to go threw acclimation a second time so I spent about 3,000$ on live sales from aqua SD and zooanthids.com when my orders all came in now lights start to have problems. And I’m very upset due to the money spent on lights then on corals with lights not working. Here is 2 of the corals I bought that I don’t want burnt from the lights. :) and I know you all wanted these aswell

BD07D275-EC99-4110-B6D9-D5CE8291131F.png

Last edited:

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this update was supposed to fix? I tried finding the release notes but couldn't locate them

Basically the lights just went off schedule time wise, froze during part of a schedule leaving them on, or freezing leaving them off. So that. Waiting for people's feedback now. Working so far here.

emvanburen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's hope this works. Talked to Ecotech this am and they said it was coming "soon" - this is certainly faster than that! Hopefully this update will put all the gremlins to bed.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did update working as of now but will take a day or so to know for sure. I’ll post back. Haha and yes I also hit resume schedule button 3x each after update

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up last night at 3am to take my dog out and one of my lights was on full blast. Yes this is with the update.

Im sorry to hear this, I am on day 3 with out error (fingers crossed), Did you run the troubleshooting / verify settings function also?

Houstoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This update was a god send for android, I was having the hardest time connecting or even setting a schedule. Now it is quick and easy thank you Ecotech!!!

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going good over here. Light has been doing what it's supposed to do.

Didn't wanna call it too early. Fordtech how you doing?

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the G5 Blues the other day, updated them on Wednesday and installed on Friday. So far all 4 are working great. I just need to play with the color. I’m running AB+ in acclimation mode but it’s not blue enough for me lol but I’ll be tweaking the color as I find time. Also pleased with the spread. I have 4 fixtures 8 inches above the water hung perpendicular over my 72x36x27
seems to cover the tank nicely with no shadowing.

Fixtures came in good condition, and no cracking on the case.

I’m happy with my purchase so far. Sorry you guys are having issues. Reading about them is helpful so thanks for that.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything been good so far. Only had 1 issue not sure if it was an issue tho. So I have lunar cycle on and I set my moon light to be on at 25% all night every night. But last night they was off. Could it be something to do with the lunar cycle and supposta be off? Right now shows waxing creaset last night was something else with the full moon pictures with no sliver off of it. Idk will this take another month to verify if this happens again and is normal ? Not sure but I’ll post back as it goes

8F66A356-52A3-4C7C-B8C3-BF13745C4D61.png

deahttub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything been good so far. Only had 1 issue not sure if it was an issue tho. So I have lunar cycle on and I set my moon light to be on at 25% all night every night. But last night they was off. Could it be something to do with the lunar cycle and supposta be off? Right now shows waxing creaset last night was something else with the full moon pictures with no sliver off of it. Idk will this take another month to verify if this happens again and is normal ? Not sure but I’ll post back as it goes

Yeh. I believe it follows the real lunar schedule. My tank is darker than it was on a full moon...

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah last night was a very dull light from the moon because of the phase. Barely saw it here too. I wait until the full moon and then set my intensity on the lunar points how I like full moon to look. Then just let the others do their thing.

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the G5 Blues the other day, updated them on Wednesday and installed on Friday. So far all 4 are working great. I just need to play with the color. I’m running AB+ in acclimation mode but it’s not blue enough for me lol but I’ll be tweaking the color as I find time. Also pleased with the spread. I have 4 fixtures 8 inches above the water hung perpendicular over my 72x36x27
seems to cover the tank nicely with no shadowing.

Fixtures came in good condition, and no cracking on the case.

I’m happy with my purchase so far. Sorry you guys are having issues. Reading about them is helpful so thanks for that.

You got them in time. Issues went bye bye with the last updates. I turned my white points down as well to get a bit more blue from ab+.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back