Issue with the G5 firmware update?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Non confrontational question: Do you work for ecotech as well? I just get that impression from your posts for some reason. I just don't want to assume anything.

Tim said the app update would fix the problem in the other thread. He said to go into test settings and that should do it. So if you are ecotech and saying Tim is incorrect that just confuses me more.

Or these are separate bugs....
I also read that Tim said the app update would fix the problems

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Non confrontational question: Do you work for ecotech as well? I just get that impression from your posts for some reason. I just don't want to assume anything.

Tim said the app update would fix the problem in the other thread. He said to go into test settings and that should do it. So if you are ecotech and saying Tim is incorrect that just confuses me more.

Or these are separate bugs....
Definitely not offended. I'm still participating in the beta portion of the app and I just happened to talk with one of the developers for mobius yesterday and the G5 subject came up.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1589555830737.png

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also read that Tim said the app update would fix the problems
I may be wrong, and we'll have to wait for Tim to clarify, but from what I gathered, was the firmware update was supposed to drop at the same time as the app update, but was held back for further review.

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not offended. I'm still participating in the beta portion of the app and I just happened to talk with one of the developers for mobius yesterday and the G5 subject came up.

Okay so you are like a "inside source" kinda person. So you know more than the average consumer. That clarified things. Thanks for taking it the correct way. I didn't want you thinking I was coming off as attacking you.

OP
OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to update my circumstance... I still have the latest firmware and app. Still having lights going off schedule as recently as yesterday. Also it was proclaimed the Bluetooth issues were fixed and they are not. Still having issues with not connecting or dropped connections or just really slow sometimes. On several occasions since my last post I have had to power off/on all lights to get them working again. For the out of sync its usually as simple as a small change in intensity and save.

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to update my circumstance... I still have the latest firmware and app. Still having lights going off schedule as recently as yesterday. Also it was proclaimed the Bluetooth issues were fixed and they are not. Still having issues with not connecting or dropped connections or just really slow sometimes. On several occasions since my last post I have had to power off/on all lights to get them working again. For the out of sync its usually as simple as a small change in intensity and save.

I've had the best results opening the app, setting everything how I want it, hitting resume schedule like 5-10x then totally closing it out. Then I don't touch it until I need it again. No more "lemme just take a peek" at the app.

I'm assuming what's going on here is you fire up Mobius, it connects to your lights, you start messing around, one light for some reason loses connection, and the schedule is only saved to some lights. Then the other one just gets stuck or goofy.

OP
OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the best results opening the app, setting everything how I want it, hitting resume schedule like 5-10x then totally closing it out. Then I don't touch it until I need it again. No more "lemme just take a peek" at the app.

I'm assuming what's going on here is you fire up Mobius, it connects to your lights, you start messing around, one light for some reason loses connection, and the schedule is only saved to some lights. Then the other one just gets stuck or goofy.
Pretty much all the above if trying to use mobius but that's not my real concern. The real problem is walking in and a light has gone completely off schedule and is blasting white light. My original problem after the update is all 3 lights were running 100% all channels and 100% fans. I pretty much have my schedule/program where I want it so I really don't mess with mobius much but lights just can't stay on schedule without an occasional bump from mobius,

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I suspected the app update did not do a thing. Last night with my moon lights only 1 of my lights also had green on. Now this is a new issue. And of coarse clicking the resume schedule button fixed it for today and tomorrow will have to click it again

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly this is really starting to tick me off. I’m the idiot who upgraded from perfectly fine lights just so I can have the latest and greatest. Now over 3,300$ later and 2 months and every day I still have to click resume schedule. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.

Last edited:

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what i have found to work (only been 13 hrs) was removing all my devices from mobius deleting the app and building a new tank profile from scratch.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again I come home from work to find this. This is just getting stupid already release the update so we don’t have to deal with this daily aggravation anymore.

C8B0D4B3-6ACB-4470-B922-0AF8380FC5D4.jpeg

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I won’t hold you to it. :) I just hope it fixes my issues when it does come out.

Yeah it's one heck of a light! I know it will be 100% eventually it's just dangerous right now. Especially those who sold off their old lights too soon....

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back