Issue with the G5 firmware update?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fordtech- You'll need to call in for service on Monday and we'll get you settled and good. Something is amiss and our team knows what will be required.

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is definitly a problem with the update we just had. This same thing just happen to me. For past week,at this time Of the day lights are almost off for the day Very dim but I’m sitting here looking at bright lights. So I click the resume schedule button and the lights dim down to where they supposta be.

Same. Was 8pm EST and my lights should have been on moonlight. Hit resume and they are where they should be again. So far I've had one morning failure to ramp up and 2 night failures to ramp down. I'm going to try to factory reset and delete everything tomorrow.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning woke up and only 1 of the 2 lights are on. Smh looks like I will try to remove both lights and reinstall them to mobius first. If that don’t work looks like I’ll be calling echo tech

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning woke up and only 1 of the 2 lights are on. Smh looks like I will try to remove both lights and reinstall them to mobius first. If that don’t work looks like I’ll be calling echo tech

I ramped up this morning. Let's see if I ramp down.

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up doing the uninstall and reinstall?

I'm trying the "don't touch Mobius" route first. Set light hit resume never open the app again. I'm wondering if me constantly opening the app for funzies is causing my issue or not first. Then I'm just gonna delete it all. Figured since it ramped up this morning I just won't touch it for now.

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay after not opening the app just to look at it my light is behaving so far. I'm thinking there's something in the app making the light get hung up and it just stays at that intensity. So I'm going to continue to not use the Mobius app and see if things are 100% normal.

I'm on Android btw. Not sure of if any ios people have seen this. Also, this is just a theory as of now.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use iOS. And after removing all 4 of mine and reinstalling them again, this morning things seem to be working Fine. Fingers crossed

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not call them I figured I would try first what I’m sure they where gunna walk me threw over the phone which was the complete uninstall and reinstall. So far so go

OP
OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my original issues I have had to reboot 3 times i.e. this morning 45m into schedule only 2/3 lights were on. Reboot and ok BUT hope ETM has a better tested fix in the works. I don't recall that I had much of any problem before the update other than occasional failure to connect when I opened the app which was usually as simple as restarting the app and once the lights. In general I feel like the update may have fixed some things but broke more than it fixed.

And BTW just a couple remarks based on Tim's responses. When I had the initial problems I looked at mobius and both the fan settings and the light settings were what I started with. The update did not change them except maybe in the light which then was ignoring the mobius settings running 100% fans and all channels until powered off and then on.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my original issues I have had to reboot 3 times i.e. this morning 45m into schedule only 2/3 lights were on. Reboot and ok BUT hope ETM has a better tested fix in the works. I don't recall that I had much of any problem before the update other than occasional failure to connect when I opened the app which was usually as simple as restarting the app and once the lights. In general I feel like the update may have fixed some things but broke more than it fixed.

And BTW just a couple remarks based on Tim's responses. When I had the initial problems I looked at mobius and both the fan settings and the light settings were what I started with. The update did not change them except maybe in the light which then was ignoring the mobius settings running 100% fans and all channels until powered off and then on.
Did etm cs offer any good advice on how to move forward?

Lunardogz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay after not opening the app just to look at it my light is behaving so far. I'm thinking there's something in the app making the light get hung up and it just stays at that intensity. So I'm going to continue to not use the Mobius app and see if things are 100% normal.

I'm on Android btw. Not sure of if any ios people have seen this. Also, this is just a theory as of now.
I’m getting the result as well. Seem like you have to hit the resume to schedule before exiting out of Mobius. I’m using an Iphone.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after experiencing the same issues with my lights yesterday after performing the complete uninstall and reinstall I was still having the same issue so I contacted eco-tech was on the phone with them for a few minutes had me do a procedure very simple turning off lunar and acclamation making sure there was no updates that needed to be done and then clicking the Set Clock button was told to do that on all four of my Radion G fives and if I was still having an issue to support a ticket through the app by shaking the phone to bring up the report a bug feature on the app. So obviously as I was doing what they said I knew it was not gonna fix anything and this morning I’m still having the same issue. My lights every day only one turns on of the two for both of my tanks. I just received confirmation email from Eco Tec stating they will be in contact with me in the next day or so I sure hope they fix this it’s getting really annoying every single day to have to click resume schedule when I wake up for my display tank and resume schedule when I go to bed for my frag tank in the basement on an opposite light schedule. I’m not the only one with this issue.

Last edited:

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting the result as well. Seem like you have to hit the resume to schedule before exiting out of Mobius. I’m using an Iphone.
Yup still running good here smashing the resume schedule button 4 or 5 times then closing the app all the way out.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So received message back from them and was told issue is verified and update will be released shortly to help correct the problem. Lol they said (help) not will fix it .....fingers crossed

Last edited:

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So received message back from them and was told issue is verified and update will be released shortly to help correct the problem. Lol they said (help) not will fix it .....fingers crossed

App update today. Keep in touch on how you are making out. I'm still slamming that resume schedule button tho.

Ruinsedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi the app update isn't the fix for the G5s. That will come in the form of a firmware update for the fixtures themselves.

Non confrontational question: Do you work for ecotech as well? I just get that impression from your posts for some reason. I just don't want to assume anything.

Tim said the app update would fix the problem in the other thread. He said to go into test settings and that should do it. So if you are ecotech and saying Tim is incorrect that just confuses me more.

Or these are separate bugs....

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back