Issues with my Kessil A80

Sonoran Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears that the white led's are not turning on on my 2 new Kessil A80s. I tested them out of the box and they worked great but then hooked them to my Apex and they light is staying blue, when I turn the dial to white the blue just gets dimmer, triec controlloing individually and connecter with same result, any ideas ?

OP
OP
Sonoran Reef

Sonoran Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not when I first tested them. Then I mounted them and added the link cable. When I was done I noticed the issue but even after removing all of the cables I am having the same issue

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the intensity of blue light changes ?
The way kessil controller signal work that the headphone jack provides 3 signal,two of them provides 0-10v which controls intensity (how strong the light is) and soectrtum (blue to white ), and one ground. If intensity is working then probably only the spectrum signal is not working, check with your apex configuration or the cable itself. You can use a multimeter to verify all of this, if you want,

OP
OP
Sonoran Reef

Sonoran Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I ramp intensity the blue light gets dimmer , even with cables removed it behaves the same way

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you saying that even with all cables removed that the stand alone A80 has a non functioning white channel ?

Esage

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact Kessil. They’ll probably ship you two new units. Their customer service is top notch. Just run the blue channel for now if you need to light the tank.

OP
OP
Sonoran Reef

Sonoran Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the intensity of blue light changes ?
The way kessil controller signal work that the headphone jack provides 3 signal,two of them provides 0-10v which controls intensity (how strong the light is) and soectrtum (blue to white ), and one ground. If intensity is working then probably only the spectrum signal is not working, check with your apex configuration or the cable itself. You can use a multimeter to verify all of this, if you want,
As I ramp intensity the blue light gets dimmer , even with cables removed it behaves the same way

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back