Issues with my Kessil A80

Sonoran Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
15
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It appears that the white led's are not turning on on my 2 new Kessil A80s. I tested them out of the box and they worked great but then hooked them to my Apex and they light is staying blue, when I turn the dial to white the blue just gets dimmer, triec controlloing individually and connecter with same result, any ideas ?
 
Are you using any linking cables.
 
Not when I first tested them. Then I mounted them and added the link cable. When I was done I noticed the issue but even after removing all of the cables I am having the same issue
 
Does the intensity of blue light changes ?
The way kessil controller signal work that the headphone jack provides 3 signal,two of them provides 0-10v which controls intensity (how strong the light is) and soectrtum (blue to white ), and one ground. If intensity is working then probably only the spectrum signal is not working, check with your apex configuration or the cable itself. You can use a multimeter to verify all of this, if you want,
 
As I ramp intensity the blue light gets dimmer , even with cables removed it behaves the same way
 
Are you saying that even with all cables removed that the stand alone A80 has a non functioning white channel ?
 
I would contact Kessil. They’ll probably ship you two new units. Their customer service is top notch. Just run the blue channel for now if you need to light the tank.
 
Does the intensity of blue light changes ?
The way kessil controller signal work that the headphone jack provides 3 signal,two of them provides 0-10v which controls intensity (how strong the light is) and soectrtum (blue to white ), and one ground. If intensity is working then probably only the spectrum signal is not working, check with your apex configuration or the cable itself. You can use a multimeter to verify all of this, if you want,
As I ramp intensity the blue light gets dimmer , even with cables removed it behaves the same way
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new