OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
But, I need a dremel. No I haven't bought one yet. This weekend hopefully.
That blasto is really amazing. The pattern is not repeated on any 2 heads. And, since one head got nuked, it might make for an easy cut. Unless, the colony already reclaimed the dead space.
The goni likes that spot. I placed on sand and it closed up for a day. Moved to low light until it opened again. Back to the middle rock.
20220726_090151.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But, I need a dremel. No I haven't bought one yet. This weekend hopefully.
That blasto is really amazing. The pattern is not repeated on any 2 heads. And, since one head got nuked, it might make for an easy cut. Unless, the colony already reclaimed the dead space.
The goni likes that spot. I placed on sand and it closed up for a day. Moved to low light until it opened again. Back to the middle rock.
20220726_090151.jpg
Go with the plug in 4300 if you can. The 3800 model is also a very nice tool, But doesn't have the quick interlock heads and doesn't have the work light which is a really good ad. I think the price difference between them is like 30 bucks.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go with the plug in 4300 if you can. The 3800 model is also a very nice tool, But doesn't have the quick interlock heads and doesn't have the work light which is a really good ad. I think the price difference between them is like 30 bucks.
I'd rather have one that is going to get the job done and not crap out on me. Mom in law told me to go to harbor freight. I dang near blew a fuse.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Local lowes has a 4300, 2 kits to pick from. No point in ordering from anywhere. I still get charged 10% taxes. 120 or 200. I'd rather get more pieces.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local lowes has a 4300, 2 kits to pick from. No point in ordering from anywhere. I still get charged 10% taxes. 120 or 200. I'd rather get more pieces.
If you'll Use the extra pieces, cool.

I honestly don't even know what half of the attachments are, that came with the big kit.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Eli has been swimming around all day, and pooping. I took a video of her, but, it's so very pink in hue, kind of sickly. I need to dial in the phone camera so things don't look so gross. Youtube also lowers the quality of the videos I add. No, not subbing to youtube.
Without the sand spitter, someone looks a tad different.
20220726_113856.jpg

swim.jpg

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Eli has been swimming around all day, and pooping. I took a video of her, but, it's so very pink in hue, kind of sickly. I need to dial in the phone camera so things don't look so gross. Youtube also lowers the quality of the videos I add. No, not subbing to youtube.

To be honest, I'm not sure I really want to see Eel scat regardless the color...

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220726_113856.jpg

swim.jpg

Do I see her turning blue or is that just the lighting? Definitely looks like she's growing.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do I see her turning blue or is that just the lighting? Definitely looks like she's growing.
It is very much the lighting. Working on going to 10k from 14k setting. She's probably 36-38 inches now. I can't believe the length she has grown in 3 week. Has it been 3? 4 weeks!
She lost a lot of yellow and it went back to black. Wondering if it has to do with the lack of mollies in her diet?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is very much the lighting. Working on going to 10k from 14k setting. She's probably 36-38 inches now. I can't believe the length she has grown in 3 week. Has it been 3?
She lost a lot of yellow and it went back to black. Wondering if it has to do with the lack of mollies in her diet?

While diet can play a role in coloration, she was not originally adult size, so the initial yellow coloration could have been premature. I did mention don't be surprised if she turned into a he, blue. Just a theory, but in the wild nature may have pressured her to turn female for breeding purposes. In captivity that pressure doesn't exist, and she probably reverted back to the juvi state. The usual course of transition would normally be from juvi to male. Then the male would transition to female. Because of the lack of breeding pressure in captivity, I have never seen one transition to a female. I have only seen females as collected female, at full adult size.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While diet can play a role in coloration, she was not originally adult size, so the initial yellow coloration could have been premature. I did mention don't be surprised if she turned into a he, blue. Just a theory, but in the wild nature may have pressured her to turn female for breeding purposes. In captivity that pressure doesn't exist, and she probably reverted back to the juvi state. The usual course of transition would normally be from juvi to male. Then the male would transition to female. Because of the lack of breeding pressure in captivity, I have never seen one transition to a female. I have only seen females as collected female, at full adult size.
That makes a lot of sense. Once she got comfortable in the display, her yellow color began to fade. It will be interesting to see if the male coloration can kick in. I don't feel I am documenting this well.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 11.1%
Back