It's just a tank

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found a baby limpet. First one in a year or so.
Now that my morning is going well. I am sure all hell will break loose later.
20220727_092508~2.jpg
They are just so cute!
I had 1 limpet in my 5 gallon (I purposely bought a margarita that had one in it) and now I have 5 or 6. I love limpets.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had 1 limpet in my 5 gallon (I purposely bought a margarita that had one in it) and now I have 5 or 6. I love limpets.
Once UC has their abalone up for sale, I am grabbing a few. OMG, I miss having those. I missed seeing my limpets and stomas.
@fishguy242 is wrasshole doing his job? Or being a lazy?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once UC has their abalone up for sale, I am grabbing a few. OMG, I miss having those. I missed seeing my limpets and stomas.
@fishguy242 is wrasshole doing his job? Or being a lazy?
I love those guys, but some of my wrasse will devour them lol.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes ,he is like a pig in dodo,
you sure your eel will not eat the abalones ??

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like snails more than wrasses. Maybe I am an odd ball.
I'm willing to re-up on snails/cuc every quarter if needed.

I have a Gang of snails in the big tank that the mele-hole never seemed to mess with but very few new hatches.

Frag tank has no algae eating fish so I rely heavily on snails there and they breed So well that I actually have to run interference about weekly, removing sales from the second 2 sump chambers, and back into the frag tank.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm willing to re-up on snails/cuc every quarter if needed.

I have a Gang of snails in the big tank that the mele-hole never seemed to mess with but very few new hatches.

Frag tank has no algae eating fish so I rely heavily on snails there and they breed So well that I actually have to run interference about weekly, removing sales from the second 2 sump chambers, and back into the frag tank.
I actually enjoy large snail populations. :*( I would also be able to take them to the lfs for trades. Or give to other hobbiest in need.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Moved things around. Torch showed signs of light shock. Reverted light settings back to where they were, placed torch in lower par.

Eli is beyond happy with the change. She's been swimming and slithering non stop.
20220728_152153.jpg
Pancake likes this spot.
20220728_150837.jpg

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Miyagi got knocked off the frag plug. With how much Eli is swimming around, I am blaming her. She also probably covered my pectinia in sand this morning. I need to go get more glue gel now :(
20220729_114547.jpg
I swear you all got me over thinking. I think I see blue, I don't know if I do. Now I just see blue..
20220729_120111.jpg
I can't move the torch now. It looks happy, and she looks happy with torches there.
20220729_124205.jpg
Something is up with the CBB, I don't know what's got her scared. No one is picking on her. Maybe she doesn't like the eel swimming around?
20220729_114845.jpg
I think we look good.
20220729_125547.jpg

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good, especially Eli! She's probably yellow and black with blue sparkles. ;)

Also, I hate being too busy at work before a few days off, since I miss all the left-handed talk...
I'm also a sinister (left) south-paw rather than dexter (right) guy. I'm not ambidextrous, I'm ambisinistrous (two left hands). Left-or-right eye dominant, so I shoot left-handed, but I was taught to throw and bat by right-handed people, so I'm just mixed up...
At least I'm of the minority in my right mind and was born after leftiness was viewed as sin/evil!

BTW, @Mibu I like your husband's quote!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking good, especially Eli! She's probably yellow and black with blue sparkles. ;)

Also, I hate being too busy at work before a few days off, since I miss all the left-handed talk...
I'm also a sinister (left) south-paw rather than dexter (right) guy. I'm not ambidextrous, I'm ambisinistrous (two left hands). Left-or-right eye dominant, so I shoot left-handed, but I was taught to throw and bat by right-handed people, so I'm just mixed up...
At least I'm of the minority in my right mind and was born after leftiness was viewed as sin/evil!

BTW, @Mibu I like your husband's quote!
doesn't it cost you more (i'm assuming firearms) to shoot lefty?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesn't it cost you more (i'm assuming firearms) to shoot lefty?
Depends on what you are getting.

If you build an AR, nope. If you use a pistol, more and more companies are offering LH versions. SA shotguns, most are for rightys with LH ones being a tad more. It really varies based on what you want.

But you can shoot a RH like a lefty, your arm gets used to expelled hot brass hitting it lol.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you are getting.

If you build an AR, nope. If you use a pistol, more and more companies are offering LH versions. SA shotguns, most are for rightys with LH ones being a tad more. It really varies based on what you want.

But you can shoot a RH like a lefty, your arm gets used to expelled hot brass hitting it lol.
I just buy off the shelf.
both my bio kids are left eye dominant.
everything we looked at in shotguns was more for the lefty version.
less demand/lower production being the excuse.
solved that by going o/u.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back