View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pet me so i can bite you,
VideoCapture_20230224-215108.jpg
I just need cuddles.
20230212_184653.jpg
Who'd think dobers are easier to keep happy than shibas? Scuzzy snorts like a pig when she gets to bite someone.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have to agree with you on things tho. Without getting preachy, real knowledge has been slowly disappearing since the invention of the interweb. And I think there is some aluminum hat reasons for it. Modern subtle propaganda and societal control. We have become fat lazy and stupid. Not everyone but the majority. I see it at my other job every day. The sad thing is that people are getting even too lazy to use Google and just want to be told what to do accepting anything you tell them blindly without question. I could tell 99% of my customers to put hot sause in a new fish tank to make it safe and they would do it without thi king twice.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I do have to agree with you on things tho. Without getting preachy, real knowledge has been slowly disappearing since the invention of the interweb. And I think there is some aluminum hat reasons for it. Modern subtle propaganda and societal control. We have become fat lazy and stupid. Not everyone but the majority. I see it at my other job every day. The sad thing is that people are getting even too lazy to use Google and just want to be told what to do accepting anything you tell them blindly without question. I could tell 99% of my customers to put hot sause in a new fish tank to make it safe and they would do it without thi king twice.
How many ml?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This 100%

I'm a store manager for a major pet retailer and I can see the gradual decline from month to month. All the SLs in our district were together the 15th and were actually just talking about this and how much worse it's become for us on a day to day basis. If we don't spell out every single thing for a customer it's suddenly our fault. We have to physically put products into their hands because leading them to it and telling them which one isn't enough. They're more and more belligerent as time goes on. It's becoming exhausting. My team is lucky I love them.

I leave you this, which becomes more and more relevant as we progress.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can google anything, but the answer is just someones opinion. Don't get me started on that ****. We can talk about flatworms on google all day long and google is just a search engine. Google doesn't have any answers. Someone else does. A lot of the times, it's just observation - therefor WRONG. The most common thing now is "feels" - "I feel like....." Yuh. I don't give a dang about your feelings.
There is gathered data and a lot of articles is just someone writing something... To have their name on something... I can post to a couple of people on these stupid butt lame regurgitated over priced coral forums! No one I know well though. So, whatever.....
We have to physically put products into their hands because leading them to it and telling them which one isn't enough.
Dear...... I thought I was going crazy seeing this happen.... I don't even.... My brain....

Anyhow, it's feeding day for Eli. I'll try to get some videos in as she will be getting salmon strips. This is usually fun to watch.

Now to get my coffee and murder millions of innocent pixels played by angry middle aged try hards who always say "google it". Yes, it started on online gaming communities.
Happy Tom And Jerry GIF

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can google anything, but the answer is just someones opinion. Don't get me started on that ****. We can talk about flatworms on google all day long and google is just a search engine. Google doesn't have any answers. Someone else does. A lot of the times, it's just observation - therefor WRONG. The most common thing now is "feels" - "I feel like....." Yuh. I don't give a dang about your feelings.
There is gathered data and a lot of articles is just someone writing something... To have their name on something... I can post to a couple of people on these stupid butt lame regurgitated over priced coral forums! No one I know well though. So, whatever.....

Dear...... I thought I was going crazy seeing this happen.... I don't even.... My brain....

Anyhow, it's feeding day for Eli. I'll try to get some videos in as she will be getting salmon strips. This is usually fun to watch.

Now to get my coffee and murder millions of innocent pixels played by angry middle aged try hards who always say "google it". Yes, it started on online gaming communities.
Happy Tom And Jerry GIF
At least it wasn't us that started it.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've always wondered what coffee would do in a planted or reef tank....

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not for reef... 100% not for reef.... It will cause a serious cyano bloom. <,<
As for freshwater.... It would be similar to the tannin of driftwood. I would assume high nitrate spike as well. Assumption...
I wonder if that goes well with coffee?

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking it would be good for tannins. Curious what the caffeine would do for growth rate? Stunt it, increase it, or nothing...
Google it Jk

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was thinking it would be good for tannins. Curious what the caffeine would do for growth rate? Stunt it, increase it, or nothing...
I dunno honestly, plants love coffee and some look amazing with coffee grounds added with soil. Fish are a different story. Sadly, i have no pictures of my moms old bay leaf tree. That girl was vibrant, full, so green and fragrant.

I was going to stub my toe today... I thought I forgot to hit recird on the camera. I lost 2 heads of my torch over night after removing vermin snails. Sigh... no i never took the torch out of water.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what's wrong with me. I'm getting sensitive to snide comments. People come into the hobby, run into new things to "them" ask a question and get told to google it.... better phrased as "LMGTFY" ... I'm disgusted. But, wtfc.
If I were at work I'd tell you this can be a symptom of chronic stress. Makes sense given what you have talked about and the theory that we haven't gotten the half of it. We're here for you.
I think the dirty brown would be unappealing and may be too acidic. Is it worth a shot?

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I were at work I'd tell you this can be a symptom of chronic stress. Makes sense given what you have talked about and the theory that we haven't gotten the half of it. We're here for you.
I can't talk about it, if it ever makes the news... I hope it doesn't. I'd smack the living life out of someone. This isn't a situation meant to be made public.

I think the dirty brown would be unappealing and may be too acidic. Is it worth a shot?
This is great for soft water environments. Driftwood would still be best though.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't talk about it, if it ever makes the news... I hope it doesn't. I'd smack the living life out of someone. This isn't a situation meant to be made public.
I'm not trying to fish. You and those involved deserve privacy. I'll keep y'all in prayer.
This is great for soft water environments. Driftwood would still be best though.
driftwood probably buffers better than coffee too.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Google it Jk
I was thinking I'm going to do a study eventually but if I'm lazy enough someone else will do the study and it will be the new fad.

Imagine... Instead of Rip Clean threads we'll have "Dose coffee" threads! "Simply inject 1 cup per 25 gallons directly into your sand bed once every week."

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back