20230323_103152.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 30

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for it to show it's mouth. The foots spreading. And a tentacle is hanging outside the tub.... I guess that is going to happen?
It's going do whatever it wants and most likely all the things you don't want it to do.

Haha I have no experience other than RFA's

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's going do whatever it wants and most likely all the things you don't want it to do.

Haha I have no experience other than RFA's
You mean like split? I have had my bta for almost 2 years and she will not split. She gave up growing and went into full battle against a pavona. Pavona moved, bta is much more vibrant in color and is looking happy. Yes, they do what they want.. I just don't want to provoke copperband nipping at loose nem parts..

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for it to show it's mouth. The foots spreading. And a tentacle is hanging outside the tub.... I guess that is going to happen?
Bound to happen with tent sticking out, why I said holes need to be smooth.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bound to happen with tent sticking out, why I said holes need to be smooth.
I'll look for an acclimation box. But, by time it gets here, She might be on the loose to find a home. Thoughts on that when to let out of the bowl?

I know a few of them are a bit rigid.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll look for an acclimation box. But, by time it gets here, She might be on the loose to find a home. Thoughts on that when to let out of the bowl?

I know a few of them are a bit rigid.
No need for an acclimation box. They will put tents out the slits or holes in it. What you have will work fine.

If it has a damaged foot, I would hold for a few days and let it heal. Usually all it takers is a few days. Heck, it might even start to crawl out before then. If it does, just gently remove it from the tub and place somewhere where you think it will want to stay. It may or may not stay there, but try to find a rock with a good hole in it for it to bury its foot. That usually put the odds more towards it staying put. Like 10:1 again, but better than 50:1 against lol.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No need for an acclimation box. They will put tents out the slits or holes in it. What you have will work fine.

If it has a damaged foot, I would hold for a few days and let it heal. Usually all it takers is a few days. Heck, it might even start to crawl out before then. If it does, just gently remove it from the tub and place somewhere where you think it will want to stay. It may or may not stay there, but try to find a rock with a good hole in it for it to bury its foot. That usually put the odds more towards it staying put. Like 10:1 again, but better than 50:1 against lol.
The foot is very healthy, no rips or tears. Right now, it's going through the self acclimation process, water in, water out. It's been amazing to watch. But the moment I try to get a pick of the mouth, the tents cover up again.
Shes moving around.
20230323_115602.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The foot is very healthy, no rips or tears. Right now, it's going through the self acclimation process, water in, water out. It's been amazing to watch. But the moment I try to get a pick of the mouth, the tents cover up again.
Shes moving around.
20230323_115602.jpg
OK cool. I thought I read that it had a foot issue. If no issue, let it acclimate like that for a day or 2 and then move to where you want it. The tub was only to make sure it healed or didnt melt from being to cold/hot form shipping.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK cool. I thought I read that it had a foot issue. If no issue, let it acclimate like that for a day or 2 and then move to where you want it. The tub was only to make sure it healed or didnt melt from being to cold/hot form shipping.
I was in a frenzy typing. I don't even remember the last 3 hours. I do like the acclimation method just to make sure we don't need cipro treatment.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in a frenzy typing. I don't even remember the last 3 hours. I do like the acclimation method just to make sure we don't need cipro treatment.
BTA usually have to be in really bad shape to need it. I think mine could grow in a toilet lol.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't send it by UPS then... it'll be late or never.
Yep. I've got some corals 6 hours from my house that's delayed because of "mechanical failure"... Put it in a stupid truck and drive it here dummies!

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep. I've got some corals 6 hours from my house that's delayed because of "mechanical failure"... Put it in a stupid truck and drive it here dummies!
There are points when I just want to drive to the the holding facility and get my stuff. It doesn't matter if it's living or carbon. We get delays all the time. Top it off, I just love it when our packages disappear from existence.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are points when I just want to drive to the the holding facility and get my stuff. It doesn't matter if it's living or carbon. We get delays all the time. Top it off, I just love it when our packages disappear from existence.
UPS stole my radiator once. I reported it to Amazon, they sent a new one. I reported it to UPS, they magically found it on the truck that supposedly delivered it. Weird thing is, it was opened when it arrived.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.2%
Back