It's just a tank

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying not too. But, her health is important to me. I am going to get more pvc for the main tank and try to get her more tunnels. She seems to enjoy the pvc. I have bland ideas. But, should bring her comfort when introduced. Of course, that would be at night time.

The shock the fish will wake up too. That's going to be priceless.

I usually don't like pvc, but I do advocate pvc for the ribbon eels. Ribbons do seem to enjoy the pvc, it doesn't have to be so wide and is easy to bury and hide in their case.

I missed the head twitch part, while it can be normal it can also be indicative of flukes. The normal head shake is how eels pull water through their gills, how's the flow? Forgot to mention that eels do seem to come in with flukes, along with internal parasites, those seem to be biggest concerns. Treatment for both is the same. Prazi, which is also in general cure. I usually use gc, because it contains prazi and metro.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I usually don't like pvc, but I do advocate pvc for the ribbon eels. Ribbons do seem to enjoy the pvc, it doesn't have to be so wide and is easy to bury and hide in their case.

I missed the head twitch part, while it can be normal it can also be indicative of flukes. The normal head shake is how eels pull water through their gills, how's the flow? Forgot to mention that eels do seem to come in with flukes, along with internal parasites, those seem to be biggest concerns. Treatment for both is the same. Prazi, which is also in general cure. I usually use gc, because it contains prazi and metro.
Not a lot of water flow. Protein skimmer mainly. I can add a water pump if you think it would be beneficial.

She doesn't twitch a lot, I only notice it about 4 times a day. I can easily treat with GC.

Edit: Reason for lack of flow is due to the mollies being throw around.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot of water flow. Protein skimmer mainly. I can add a water pump if you think it would be beneficial.

She doesn't twitch a lot, I only notice it about 4 times a day. I can easily treat with GC.

Edit: Reason for lack of flow is due to the mollies being throw around.

I think flow is always good. GC is easily tolerated and it wouldn't hurt. I used to do a prophylactic treatment of gc everytime, now I'm just a little better at observation, so I give it time. 1st marker is always appetite, and yours has passed that.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think flow is always good. GC is easily tolerated and it wouldn't hurt. I used to do a prophylactic treatment of gc everytime, now I'm just a little better at observation, so I give it time. 1st marker is always appetite, and yours has passed that.
I'll go add the power head. I'll get the gc started in the morning where I'll be able to watch her throughout the day.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just fed her half a silverside. The head and gut part. Fish fell off skewer and she went to grab it. That's a big plus. Acclimating 4 pineapple mollies.. Mmmm her favorite. I think that will hold her over for the night.

20220701_170345_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I was doing some reading. It's been about when ever 7 am was. I added GC this morning. 5 packets = 50g. I did not go the full 6 packets for reasons of overdose.

Just now for the last 10 minutes. Ribbon eel has 1 gill not moving.

What I read is, this is a sign of gill flukes/flukes.... Can I assume she will be okay?

@lion king

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 64 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back