IT'S OFFICIAL,THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM NOW, JON DOE HAS THE UPPER HAND!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did/do. There is a small plastic piece that attaches the light to their bracket (they call it the paw or claw they change the name each time). The way I installed the light was to hang them from the bracket. It wasn't really designed to work exactly the way I mounted them so the flimsy brackets are breaking. I had the end one off to 2 part epoxy it back together. If I feel that made it sturdy enough I'm going to take them all off and "fix" them.
20211028_192333.jpg

You can see the crack in it. I suspect, although can't be positive, that if mounted it to their bracket it probably would've worked without issue.
Gotcha. Ya if i get them i plan to make a rack but plan to use the 4 mounting holes rather than getting the bracket thing.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. Ya if i get them i plan to make a rack but plan to use the 4 mounting holes rather than getting the bracket thing.
Another user recommended that to me, it may have been you I honestly don't remember, but if I can't find a way to make the one screw a trustworthy option that'll be my next choice. I just have to go buy another piece or two of t slot aluminum.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also like the thought of using the 4 mounting holes because it would keep the lights from rotating. Currently I'd like to have the wires running down the length of the bar so they only go from the bar to behind the tank in one spot(I'm not sure why I care honestly since I have tubing hanging from my ceiling down to my tank for my ATO refill and AWC) but if I move the cables to the side, the light just spins.
I should've just made it to right way the first time instead of trying to save $45 on another stick of aluminum.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also like the thought of using the 4 mounting holes because it would keep the lights from rotating. Currently I'd like to have the wires running down the length of the bar so they only go from the bar to behind the tank in one spot(I'm not sure why I care honestly since I have tubing hanging from my ceiling down to my tank for my ATO refill and AWC) but if I move the cables to the side, the light just spins.
I should've just made it to right way the first time instead of trying to save $45 on another stick of aluminum.

Lucky for me i can learn from what you wish you did differently!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To answer your other question i am reading it all....even the random letters lol
tenor (10).gif

I bet you'll be the only one. It's all just pointless memes and then the occasional random thought that I post assuming no one will ever look at it. I can guarantee I wouldn't go back through all of it. When I as trying to fill up a full page I wasn't even looking at what I was posting, I just Googled toy story gifs and assumed they'd be less likely to be inappropriate since I wasn't even watching them.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky for me i can learn from what you wish you did differently!
From the way it sounds you wouldn't done it the proper way to start with. Although to be fair if those little brackets were well built the way I planned it would've worked just fine. Although it wouldn't have fixed the rotating issue.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With making a rectangular frame I was afraid I wouldn't get the sides perfectly parallel and the lights wouldn't slide back and forth easily.
Although I'm guessing that probably isn't an issue with using t slot because it seems like it'd be almost impossible not to get the frame perfectly square.

Back