Jackson's 115 Gallon Custom Cube 32x32x26

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking much better Rich! I like your idea of running the MH's for better color and we know you will get good growth! The T5's will definitely help with heat issues in the summer. I bet you will have thee best growth and colors ever by running your lights with that cycle!! :0) We will see right?! I started using the Marine Pure ceramic blocks over a year ago :0) I like the blocks. They can easily be cut too.

I see you still have the Flames! Woot! You won't believe what I'm doing?! The 180 is going to be all SPS's except for just a few choice pieces:0) My goni garden, a couple elegance, BTA {Maybe...they split on me all the time:9( } and a couple torches. And, wait for it......I went with LED's. The T5's are over the raceway tank and 40B. I am getting good growth with the LED's ;0) I had to have proof that growth would occur because of spectrum and the LED's proved themselves before I bought them :0) I just didn't get the light penetration the corals needed from the 6 bulb ;0( Also, I stopped using the BRS 2 Part and have gone to strictly dosing with RG ;0)

So keep the growth and colors going friend! I'll be hitting you up for some frags at some point! Here's to you in the New Year with no more snafu's with your gorgeous tank!! I'll also settle for phone pics, every now and then.......lol!!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's Gfo, either rowaphos or brs brand (recently ran out of rowa)

This tank looks very different now :) I was tired of overgrown montis+stylos taking up real-estate, blocking flow and lighting etc. Update pics to come!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's Gfo, either rowaphos or brs brand (recently ran out of rowa)

This tank looks very different now :) I was tired of overgrown montis+stylos taking up real-estate, blocking flow and lighting etc. Update pics to come!

I thought I remembered you in the past not running any media.

I recently discontinued GFO and can't stand how fast the glass gets dirty. P04 via Hanna reads .06

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I remembered you in the past not running any media.

I recently discontinued GFO and can't stand how fast the glass gets dirty. P04 via Hanna reads .06

I didn't need to run gfo for a long time and levels always stayed low. After my problems several months ago, I needed to run gfo to keep po4 lass than .1

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful reef!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rev.

Just wanted to post this iPhone video to long progress. It's got some growing out to do, but I think it will look better this time around.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an update video from today. I moved a bunch of pieces around to make room and allow for more light to each coral. The growth and color has improved and I'm happy with the progression at the moment. Click the pic to play video.

IMG_6398 by rich colombo, on Flickr

Matze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening Rich,

congratulations to your beautiful set up.
Your SPS selection is incredible and doesn't have to hide behind any of the great names in SPS keeping :) Keep up your hard work!

Matze

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Matze. I appreciate the good words. Sinc you bumped up the thread I'll update :)

Everything has been going well. Growth is picking up and colors have been pretty good. I have some new frags that I'm growing out. Hopefully I can keep everything stable and healthy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DSC_0010 by rich colombo, on Flickr

DSC_0007 by rich colombo, on Flickr

DSC_0008 by rich colombo, on Flickr

DSC_0057 by rich colombo, on Flickr

DSC_0083 by rich colombo, on Flickr

Matze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video and pictures :)

Well if it only needs a bump to get an update,
be sure I'll chime in here ones a week ^^

I'm always amazed, you guys over the pond have such crazy colors when it comes to corals. I wish, we'd have just a fifth of the stuff you guys get.

So please continue providing eye candy coral pics :)

Matze

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Matze :) Glad you Like it. I'll take some top down pics as soon as I get a new look down box for the camera.

Volpone, I have a mesh top over this tank. Without that in place, I would probably lose a wrasse at each feeding lol. They get excited and jump all over at feeding time.

Volpone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Volpone, I have a mesh top over this tank. Without that in place, I would probably lose a wrasse at each feeding lol. They get excited and jump all over at feeding time.[/QUOTE]
I thought there is no mesh screen ,i saw that in pic. Stunning tank .keep it up

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.8%
Back