OP
OP
J

Jordan Kutun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will look all shriveled up when a larger portion of their foot breaks off to produce a baby. I didn’t think I saw any babies in your pics though.

I too would be concerned about it’s mouth. That normally spells trouble for most corals.

I’ve never tried this but I wonder what some of the other members think about this. If you have a shroom that looks like it might melt, would it be worth cutting off a piece of the foot in hopes that you at least get a baby if the mother is going to melt/die.

04ae86d207290017cde5b2b67b864fd2.jpg
this is when it was happier

OP
OP
J

Jordan Kutun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f4b42b6db5e2386ad1eadfa69b725825.jpg
bit more open but his colors are weird, getting brown coloring and purple, also foot is 3/4 I’m attached, is it the stress of moving and giving birth

OP
OP
J

Jordan Kutun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of now he is in probably the lowest light I can provide, in that cup but with the top half cup off

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f4b42b6db5e2386ad1eadfa69b725825.jpg
bit more open but his colors are weird, getting brown coloring and purple, also foot is 3/4 I’m attached, is it the stress of moving and giving birth
It definitely looks interesting. I’ve never seen splitting off a baby cause issues. I would probably just leave it for now and not move/disturb it. Sometimes moving corals back and forth can cause more issues.

OP
OP
J

Jordan Kutun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It definitely looks interesting. I’ve never seen splitting off a baby cause issues. I would probably just leave it for now and not move/disturb it. Sometimes moving corals back and forth can cause more issues.

Ya that’s the plan, I haven’t really moved him besides what I think sparked this whole deal, he’s in a cup in a low light low flow area and just gonna leave him and see how it goes

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks like the fluorescence is coming off, looks to be a little ruffled up but IMO if something was seriously wrong it would've died already. If it's still in bad shape for another week or so, I'd try shading it completely for the time being. If its detaching, it's obvious that it's not happy where it's currently sitting. Everytime I have a jawbreaker or electus detach, they always look super mad. A bit of time in the shade usually will fix the issue for me

OP
OP
J

Jordan Kutun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the fluorescence is coming off, looks to be a little ruffled up but IMO if something was seriously wrong it would've died already. If it's still in bad shape for another week or so, I'd try shading it completely for the time being. If its detaching, it's obvious that it's not happy where it's currently sitting. Everytime I have a jawbreaker or electus detach, they always look super mad. A bit of time in the shade usually will fix the issue for me

That’s the current plan, it’s getting probably 20 ish par or less right now

OP
OP
J

Jordan Kutun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im waiting on my shroom box to come in but in my experience whenever i moved my JBs closer to the light they would shrivel up just like that. I cut a 16oz bottle in half and made holes in it and added sand and small pieces of rock into it. I saved my neptune bounce and a JB by doing this

I would keep him away from direct light for awhile until he gets used to it

How long you think till he comes back

DzidtheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have all of my JBs and bounces in the shroom box and if water parameters and temp is right, i never have issues with them reattaching.

Put that shroom away from any flow, and very little light and just give it a week or two, it will attach, just leave it alone.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back