Jay's, "Im not gonna drop out half way through the contest!" Deep Blue 30g RR Nano in 90 Build

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have changed my lighting schedule for the lights to come on at noon. This gives me the natural sunlight look that looks great to me. Also I wanted to show off what I bought during the Reef Raft live sale. I stayed up for the whole 24 hours so I am of less than 20 people in the grand prize drawing. I did want to mention that i tried buying over 100 pieces but in then end only ended up with like 7. U had to be really fast! Also the wellso that I purchased is no longer in my order so we shall see what happens.

A0935-2T.jpg

01F-2.jpg
A0290-2.jpg

A0413-2T.jpg
A0273-2.jpg
A0353-2.jpg

A0948-2T.jpg

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I purchased a 3/4" baby blue hippo tang from one of my LFS today. It was on consignment in a 14G Nano Cube. I know this fish maybe controversial in my tang but I had to give this girl a new home. She will have over double the space, great water quality and I will move her into my future Deep Sea Aquatics build that I plan on doing in my front living room. I will take pics when she gets acclimated.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights are up!!! If i can get my hands on conduit bender I may go that route in the future. But for now this will work fine.

sorry but if those lights are tao tronic's ide advise you to put them at least 9-12inches above your water. these lights are strong and will bleach your softys/anemones. my girlfriend has 2 running on her 45G high 24inches high. i just want to warn you i love these lights we get the most growth out of really expensive lights. i recommend these lights too everyone. also we have our lights at 35%white-70%blue. i hope all goes well with your tank i cant wait to see it up and running.!

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry but if those lights are tao tronic's ide advise you to put them at least 9-12inches above your water. these lights are strong and will bleach your softys/anemones. my girlfriend has 2 running on her 45G high 24inches high. i just want to warn you i love these lights we get the most growth out of really expensive lights. i recommend these lights too everyone. also we have our lights at 35%white-70%blue. i hope all goes well with your tank i cant wait to see it up and running.!

Well initially they were only a few inches above the water line... I have since raised them to a foot above the water line and really only run them at about 25%. Also they are reef breeders and all coral seem to be well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay good, they are strong lights and me and my girlfriend get sick growth. faster then any other lights and we also have really good color cause she has the blues mostly up.

peter505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the dimensions of these tanks and I think the hippo tang looks good. it has such deep color and plenty of room at that size! Black sand is awesome too

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the dimensions of these tanks and I think the hippo tang looks good. it has such deep color and plenty of room at that size! Black sand is awesome too

Thank you... Yeah this blue hippo is a darker blue than I have ever seen...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back