Jay's, "Im not gonna drop out half way through the contest!" Deep Blue 30g RR Nano in 90 Build

FishBrawler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS is still the first post as my system is not up and running. Looking to have it running next week. Still waiting on a return pump some live sand and some more rock.

Cool! Can't wait to see what you do with yours... I got the same dimensions!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights are up!!! If i can get my hands on conduit bender I may go that route in the future. But for now this will work fine.

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got done with the silicone work on my 10 gallon sump..it was a lot harder than i thought it would be to lay down really clean beads. It was such a small place. I have silicone all over this tank. Good think its a sump and temporary. Pics to come when dry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by my LFS to pick up a few things and was suprised how well the prices were on some of the drygoods. I picked up my live sand, flexible drain hose(which is like a foot too long), digital thermometer, and some bulkheads to replace the once that came with the overflow kit. From what I have read the Deep Blue ones aren't very good...Also I water tested my sump and the baffles seem to be holding their own. I have a Rio 1700 pump and some live rock and I will be up and running on Thursday!

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey charrisse do you still have your amazing zoa and play collection! I hope u do. Let me know I may be needing some frags soon if u have any...

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm in the process of setting up the same tank. Here's what it looks like right now, so I have a long way to go. I didn't know about the contest. I think I will enter mine into it too. It will give me the motivation to finally get it set up.
002.jpg

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey charrisse do you still have your amazing zoa and play collection! I hope u do. Let me know I may be needing some frags soon if u have any...

yes i do jay...just let me know when u are ready.... ;)

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike, do it buddy it will be a blast seeing what we can do with these cubes. Also we can discuss issues we may have down the road with these systems.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to hook it up to my 75 as a frag tank and use the same sump. But, according to the rules it has to be independent. I've gone through all the threads of last years. Looks like a lot of fun. Really considering it. I'm not a rich person though. I'd really have to get hot on it. It would be quite a bit of work. I don't know if I'm trying to talk myself into it or out of it. I have a couple other tanks sitting around - so many decisions. But the contest sure seems like it would be a lot of fun.

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gave the pump and skimmer a vinegar bath, changed out some of the stock Deep Blue Plumbing so I guess its time for plumb and pray tomorrow. I could run this system tonight but right now I am not too motivated to go buy water. I really need an RO unit!

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my sump. Its a simple 10 gal with two baffles, drain plate and sock holder. Just enough room for my equipment. I will add A to and carbon/gfo reactor in the next week or two. My focus now is getting it running and cycled...
ynavunap.jpg

OP
OP
Jaygalindo

Jaygalindo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a cool piece of rock from macro rocks . com. Its a pillar piece and I love it. These guys rock... 2 days from the moment I hit the purchase button to my door... Also I have finished the rest of my plumbing just need the time to mix some saltwater and hope for no leaks...
2u8use3a.jpg

u8avu2e3.jpg

adu5uja5.jpg

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • D/C

Votes: 48 62.3%
  • Both

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Not Sure