JB WaterWeld adhere to PVC?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rakie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
5,567
Reaction score
17,040
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at making a new rock structure with PVC holding shelf rocks -- I wanted to coat the visible bits of PVC with JB Water weld for aesthetics -- Will it hold to PVC?
 
I was looking at making a new rock structure with PVC holding shelf rocks -- I wanted to coat the visible bits of PVC with JB Water weld for aesthetics -- Will it hold to PVC?
I can't speak from experience, but according to them i twill.
upload_2018-3-22_8-45-2.png
 
I was looking at making a new rock structure with PVC holding shelf rocks -- I wanted to coat the visible bits of PVC with JB Water weld for aesthetics -- Will it hold to PVC?
Yes, but much easier if the PVC is dry when you apply it. You can even improve adherence by roughing up the service with sandpaper too.
 
Yes, but much easier if the PVC is dry when you apply it. You can even improve adherence by roughing up the service with sandpaper too.
^this
 
I can't speak from experience, but according to them i twill.

Yes, but much easier if the PVC is dry when you apply it. You can even improve adherence by roughing up the service with sandpaper too.

Exactly what I was hoping to hear! Also good point about sanding the surface, that'll definitely help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new