OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi right now I’m manually dosing 7ml of alk and 5ml of cal daily in my 20 g.
I think because I’ve been skipping water changes that’s why it’s off I just have LPS/softies it shouldn’t consume much

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think because I’ve been skipping water changes that’s why it’s off I just have LPS/softies it shouldn’t consume much
Yes, I’d be surprised if you couldn’t maintain adequate stability with just 10 or 15% weekly water changes. I didn’t dose at all until I got addicted to Acropora , just water changes

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds perfect. I think I’ll start the new tank off with the bionic until it’s stable and where I want it then make the switch as you described
I feel like new tank is going to set you up nice for A4R with all the fresh new salt mix your going to use. Yessir watch those params and dose accordingly but I'd probably throw in a few ml of A4R daily just to get it in system and kick off that bacterial process. I have a feeling your corals are going to hit upgrade tank and never miss a beat.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also dose AB+ daily
I sincerely don't feel like there's anything magical in any bottle that regular weekly water changes and keeping the big 3 locked in and dialed can't achieve especially at your nutrient levels. Id cut the ab+ off and grab some zooper food from reef pro(0 phosphates) similar to roids minus the P and you can get both a and b for the price of little bottle of roids.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I’d be surprised if you couldn’t maintain adequate stability with just 10 or 15% weekly water changes. I didn’t dose at all until I got addicted to Acropora , just water changes
Oh yes those will start back up again. Now that I have a good range of nitrates. I can do the 10% weekly

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've Got it set up on the new kamor x something pro pump. I'm dosing in 12 equal daily pumps spread 2 hours apart.
Are you still locked in at same dose? A4R may be super good especially in new tanks and transfers man. Cant believe how fast yours locked in!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a recommendation how much you need to dose to maintain levels ? Also is there a cap on how high it will raise stuff ?
I'm dosing quite a bit less by volume than the instructions that I would need. Start low, test often, adjust as needed

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a recommendation how much you need to dose to maintain levels ? Also is there a cap on how high it will raise stuff ?
Its not meant to raise anything and won't unless you get crazy with overdosing it. Its meant to maintain and lock in stable numbers that you already have achieved. That's why its critical to start with the big 3 in range. There is a roccomened daily dose for A4R as well as do not exceed dose but majority of reefers run at about half the reccomended daily dose- Give or take a few ML. Yours may be less..
Unless you have a tank full of Sps that demand much more dosing. For your system, size tank, corals it would probably be the most cost effective thing to use. Probably exact opposite in sps tank full of legit colonies if that makes sense.

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a 4 gallon water change .. will test tomorrow everytime I mix salt I get a white substance at the bottom of the bucket and no it’s not salt … lights are about to go out on tank still thinking of turning the middle chamber as a chaeto holder…

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how long you letting mix before adding ?
should not be white on bottom after 12 hrs mixing .

OP
OP
shadow_k

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long you letting mix before adding ?
should not be white on bottom after 12 hrs mixing .
I had it mixing since last night . It doesn’t dissolve it just settles at the bottom once the pump is off which is weird

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
assume your not pouring that last bit into tank then ,correct ?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I pour the end of the water through a 5 micron sock so it doesn’t go in display. Could it be calcium perception?
yes explains your low cal,high alk, maybe.
never seen with reg IO ,but yes in reef crystals..
mismarked bags??? possibility... ;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back