JBJ 29 Algae Scrubber

timthetoolman1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2011
Messages
20
Reaction score
5
Location
Terrell, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm resurrecting my 29 gallon that I abandoned 2 years ago after I moved. It had some zoanthids and an SPS that appeared to have survived but just barely.

I got the algae cleaned up by going dark for 2 weeks. I'm working on a DIY scrubber.

Pics to come.
 
These guys made it through and are recovering.

981089F4-5F6F-4D07-99B9-F4C5ACD3F46F.png EFD5408B-4F60-47F1-AC98-929F6B48A2D5.png 231787F9-ED19-482A-B36C-2FEF41190967.png
 
Finished scrubber. I'm pleased. I'll post some initial pictures but they're not great. I ended up cutting it with a laser engraver.
The first picture is the light that I ordered from Santa Monica. I just used Velcro to stick on back of tank to shine through clear glass.

The second picture is the part I made installed in the middle section of the back of the tank. The white stuff is just some filter material I stuck in there till I get the crochet mat.

The third part is the final installation and the last photo is the parts before assembly. Note: there are more parts there than needed.

IMG_3206.jpg IMG_3205.jpg IMG_3200.jpg IMG_3199.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new