JBJ 45 Powerhead

Reefer37

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
364
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I'm new to R2R and the saltwater world and recently picked up a JBJ 45. I've been trying to decide on what powerheads to put in it.

I know there's a lot of mixed opinions on amount of flow and such, and I'm learning along the way, but wasn't sure what the 'ideal' flow would be for this tank. The stock return pumps put out 530gph together, but I'm still unsure in the big difference between a return pump and a powerhead, so that's where my knowledge stops.

Any suggestions would help!

As far as what I plan putting in, it's mostly going to be softies, a few LPS, and if I do SPS, it will probably be way down the road and only one or two with something easy like Bird'snest or such.

I appreciate any help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new