OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for opinions on rockscape.. It was first scape and kinda like it but want to play a little more. What you guys think?

IMG_4628.JPG
IMG_4629.JPG
IMG_4631.JPG

jtietz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best advice to glue rock together is to use e-marco 400. Holds super solid and looks natural, blends right in with the natural rock

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best advice to glue rock together is to use e-marco 400. Holds super solid and looks natural, blends right in with the natural rock
dang lol i already bought reef weld. it's that purple stuff. not poxy.. i also got some glue coming tomorrow.

jtietz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang lol i already bought reef weld. it's that purple stuff. not poxy.. i also got some glue coming tomorrow.
Honestly if the reef weld wasnt to expensive id go with the e marco 400. Ive used a lot of stuff and its by far the best on looks and stability.

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along, I started my JBJ 45g (curved edges) about 3-4 months ago. Your scape looks good! I ended up having to mix abunch different types of rock from an old tank I tore down almost a decade ago. Looking forward to see yours get going. What’s the plan for livestock?

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along, I started my JBJ 45g (curved edges) about 3-4 months ago. Your scape looks good! I ended up having to mix abunch different types of rock from an old tank I tore down almost a decade ago. Looking forward to see yours get going. What’s the plan for livestock?

I am really more focused on a zoa garden. I saw a few zoa gardens and really like the look. As far as fish go here is some I been looking at:

Picaso clown
ultra black ice clown
Diamond watchman goby
Midas blenny
6 line wrasse
royal gramma
mandarin - maybe.. once i get pods going.
Two Spot Bristletooth Tang not sure if i really want to put a tang in such a small tank..

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really more focused on a zoa garden. I saw a few zoa gardens and really like the look. As far as fish go here is some I been looking at:

Picaso clown
ultra black ice clown
Diamond watchman goby
Midas blenny
6 line wrasse
royal gramma
Two Spot Bristletooth Tang not sure if i really want to put a tang in such a small tank..
Looks great, are you worried about the six line wrasse as they have been known to unleash hell on your tank inhabitants?

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, are you worried about the six line wrasse as they have been known to unleash hell on your tank inhabitants?
Not at all. I had a 6 line before and never had issues with him.

ReefyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Picaso clown
ultra black ice clown
Diamond watchman goby
Midas blenny
6 line wrasse
royal gramma

Nice. I’ve got a little zoa garden started in one corner of the tank. Your scape looks even better now and looks like you’ll have a a lot of good spots for other corals. I don’t know about the bristletooth tang, I had tried a really small yellow tang in mine and it was doing great for about a month then all of a sudden wasn’t. It was the only fish I’ve lost, and still not exactly sure if lack of enough space was the issue.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I’ve got a little zoa garden started in one corner of the tank. Your scape looks even better now and looks like you’ll have a a lot of good spots for other corals. I don’t know about the bristletooth tang, I had tried a really small yellow tang in mine and it was doing great for about a month then all of a sudden wasn’t. It was the only fish I’ve lost, and still not exactly sure if lack of enough space was the issue.
Yea I might just skip on the tang. Not in the mood to have to catch the tang after time.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycle Update:

i added shrimp yesterday at 3pm and here is 24 hours later. I am seeing about 0.8 of Ammonia.

IMG_4657.JPG

IMG_4656.JPG

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Intank and they said they don't have the size i need for the intank media baskets so I decided to build my own. Hey its not professional but it is going to get the job done.. I also checked tests and here are the results.

Day 2:
Ammonia 0.8
Nitrate 0.5
PH 8.2

IMG_4670.JPG
IMG_4668.JPG
IMG_4667.JPG
IMG_4666.JPG
IMG_4665.JPG
IMG_4664.JPG
IMG_4663.JPG

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back