JBJ Intank Filteration Cover?

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was curious if anyone has the Intank (or any of their products) filtration cover for the JBJ RL-20? I like the idea of giving that area a clean look like the Red Sea max Nano.

OP
OP
Titleist1964

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was just thinking about this as well. I have a JBJ45 and would like to get a cover for the back.
The Red Sea Max Nano is sexy as ...... but that $1225 price tag was a lil steep for me to take that first step in a saltwater reef tank. This way if I find it's not for me, the initial cost wont sting, I purchased a few upgrades, plus $230 dollars of live rock/live sand from TBS and I'm still under that $1225. If I do decide it's for me then I'll make that plunge.
Just seems as though there aren't many JBJ followers?

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure on the number of owners but I think its the best value in a AIO tank hands down. I wish I had space for the 65 flat panel. the key is covering the sump to keep algae growth out and blocking off the holes in the back panel to keep the crud out.

OP
OP
Titleist1964

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on the number of owners but I think its the best value in a AIO tank hands down. I wish I had space for the 65 flat panel. the key is covering the sump to keep algae growth out and blocking off the holes in the back panel to keep the crud out.
I've been looking at the back holes, need to get silicone to plug them, and I'm going to order the cover from Intank for the sump area, never thought about keeping the light out, thought more of aesthetic reasons. With the sale at BRS the tank and stand only ran me $460 for the 20. That's $765 bux cheaper then the Red Sea Max Nano, even with the few upgrades and the light I'm way below that. Not to mention the odds and ends need to get up and running.
I had enough in my budget to do live rock and live sand. Looking forward to this.

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just mounted the GNC Blu Ray Pro on my 45. Sweet!

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Titleist1964

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I ordered InTanks, Media basket, Surface Skimmer and Filtration Cover. I was a little skeptical at first but everything seems to fit just right, lines up perfectly and looks good too. The cut outs they provide are in great spots, you can see the ATO hose dumping in by the return nozzle, the cut out for the surface skimmer is in the perfect location, and the cut out to far left is where my Nero 3 wire will go through. I wanted in on the back wall lower left but also like the idea of pushing water along the back wall and coming around, hopefully the 2 returns won't create a toilet bowl effect. But I like how clean it looks.
InTank.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Titleist1964

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! We need one of these for the FP45and FP65!
I just wish they would offer another lid choice other than all glass. I shouted out to Clearview Lids, hopefully someone will hit me back soon. I like the look and style of them, and the guys over at Reef Builders have them on their tanks and they look real nice.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 183 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back