OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Bonfire - Tips lost color for a while but I can see new growth and the pinks and now yellows are coming through

IMG_4645.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rainbow-Melon Teni - Not a great picture but it is starting to come around. This was one of my favorites and really shined under LED's. After switching to T5's, and going through the crash, it browned out with burnt tips. All tips have recovered except for two. You can see the algae growth on the tips. However, it is getting its green back with pink tips, and look at those polyps! They almost look like they are on fire. Getting hope back for this one.

IMG_4647.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Reefers Cove Poison Envy - This was my favorite coral. However, it looks completely different now after the crash and T5 lights. It is still the brightest yellow/green in the tank and I am starting to see the pink body coming back. I thought I lost this one and you can see the burned tips with algae. New growth has almost completely overgrown the algae. Fingers crossed on this one!

Before the crash and light change
P9130298 (1).jpg

Now
IMG_4651-2.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC Aquatic-Man Table - Look who's deciding to join the party again! This one 90% STN'd and I thought I lost it during the crash. I cut the frag off down to the base and now it decides it wants to stick around. Coloring is starting to look good on it.

IMG_4655.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, base laid down, let the fun begin :)
And she is shaggy too, give it 6 months, it will be a softball size ;)

Fingers crossed on this one. It is one of the slowest growers for me. I don't think it liked what the tank went through either. I have had this frag in this spot for over a year and it just doesn't want to do much except just sit there and hang out. However, over the last couple weeks I am noticing it start to wake up.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I submitted this picture for March's POTM contest. The theme is fish feeding shot. Not the best picture but I only had a couple hours before the deadline to take a picture and edit. I took 40 pictures and this was the last picture that seemed to turn out ok.

IMG_4778-3.jpg

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I submitted this picture for March's POTM contest. The theme is fish feeding shot. Not the best picture but I only had a couple hours before the deadline to take a picture and edit. I took 40 pictures and this was the last picture that seemed to turn out ok.

IMG_4778-3.jpg
Beautiful photo!!!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_4778-3.jpg

Great photo, great fish, great backdrop. Should be competitive for sure.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful photo. Looks like the fish like the masstick.

Thanks Tim! Didnt have luck with Masstick in the past. Those are freeze dried blackworms. The CBB only eats Blackworms so I got him eating freeze dried worms now. They are are so much easier to use than live worms and cheaper.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Amazing pics and tank. Sorry didn’t see the latest pics sooner.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like everything is coming back nicely. Amazing what a little TLC can do.

Yes it is. Some corals are still affected from the crash with STN, etc and I am hoping they bounce back and make a full recovery. A little TLC and leaving the tank alone and letting it just do its think has helped a lot.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back