Grower of the Small Polyps
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

The system is doing well. I am seeing growth everyday and my 2-part is getting used up quickly. Will need to look into a CArx soon.

A quick walk around the tank

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Looking good. What are you feeding the Copperband?

Thank you. He eats flakes along with the other fish. I have had him for over two years now. At first he would only eat Aiptasia and tube worms for three months then I got him eating black worms and now it's flakes.

Nutramar Foods

dwest

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

The system is doing well. I am seeing growth everyday and my 2-part is getting used up quickly. Will need to look into a CArx soon.

A quick walk around the tank
Beautiful tank! I noticed you have some nice tangs with your copperband. I am thinking of getting a copperband for my 180 to eat aiptasia. But I thought my tangs (2 yellows, 1 purple, 1 hippo) would tear it to shreds. Do you think I could introduce one into my tank with success?

OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Beautiful tank! I noticed you have some nice tangs with your copperband. I am thinking of getting a copperband for my 180 to eat aiptasia. But I thought my tangs (2 yellows, 1 purple, 1 hippo) would tear it to shreds. Do you think I could introduce one into my tank with success?

Thank you. I would say depends on the aggression of the tangs you currently have. All of my tangs are pretty calm except for my Powder Blue. He is aggressive towards other fish. I had my Copperband before the Powder Blue so they get along well. If your tangs are aggressive then I probably wouldn't as Copperbands are hard to acclimate and eat.

They are beasts against aiptasia though. Mine eliminated probably near 500+ aiptasia within 3 days.

AquaCave

Does it matter to you whether your fish are captive-bred or wild caught?

• I only buy captive bred fish.

Votes: 55 13.5%
  • It matters, but I will buy either captive-bred or wild-caught.

Votes: 300 73.9%
  • I think wild-caught fish are the better option.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • I don’t care where the fish were bred.

Votes: 45 11.1%
Tropic Marin USA