Jebao SLW Reviews?

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reviews on these pumps? they're like the Nero 5 clone. I've been a Jebao owner for return pumps since I started in the hobby like 3 years ago and not a single issue. I'm tempted to give them a try in the wavemaker's role. Any reviews on the SLW series?
I'm running an slw-15 in a 24% by weight kalkwasser solution (aka pure hell) for the last 110+ days now. Anything that can survive that long in that environment it gets my blessing at least. They use good ceramics in those things. For the price you can't beat it compared to some of that higher priced brand stuff.

OP
OP
G

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a huge fan of these wavemakers. I don't own them anymore but I would recommend them to anyone!!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running an slw-15 in a 24% by weight kalkwasser solution (aka pure hell) for the last 110+ days now. Anything that can survive that long in that environment it gets my blessing at least. They use good ceramics in those things. For the price you can't beat it compared to some of that higher priced brand stuff.
I saw you mentioned that on your YouTube channel.
I have a question about something else you may be able to answer. Mind if I pm you?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello abit late to this haha, does anyone know if the slw 20 can go on the weir?
I've not tried it YET myself but I will say the 2 magnets ,inner and outer appear to be made from exactly the same material. The inner one is fully exposed to saltwater. After 3+ years of use, no rust or corrosion of any kind.
I believe all the magnets they use are the rare earth type that are sw safe

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run both my AI Nero3 and MLW 10 on my AIO chamber so the magnets are always wet. No issues
Your exterior magnet is also submerged? That is what I figured, that the exterior magnet was sw safe as well!

jlm’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has already been answered, but the thread is too long to search through!!

For a 280L 120cm long tank, would you go the slw20 or slw30?

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have them on opposite sides (with some offset).

For basic flow, just get 2 and put them on opposing sides. Although if you won’t mind getting 4 for them, you might be able to place all of the powerheads on the back wall (hence ‘hiding’ them). In which case I would consider SLW20.

craiginphoenix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Marchisio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone else have issues with magnet strength? I also have to spin the magnet around just right in order for everything to stay put, but it's much more of a dance than it should be. I've had numerous jebao pumps in the past and magnet strength was never an issue.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
anyone else have issues with magnet strength? I also have to spin the magnet around just right in order for everything to stay put, but it's much more of a dance than it should be. I've had numerous jebao pumps in the past and magnet strength was never an issue.
I have to do the spin thing to get the magnet secured tight. However it is not a magnet strength issue, I do so to push out any air trapped in the magnet cover.

Marchisio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to do the spin thing to get the magnet secured tight. However it is not a magnet strength issue, I do so to push out any air trapped in the magnet cover.
Ah, I see. Mine just feels like only half the magnet has any magnetization at all, the only time it's secure it doesn't sit flush with the magnet in the tank. I've always had really good luck with jebao's and this is just a minor note. The other real issue i noticed with this pump is it really loud when running at or near full power. I would compare this with the nero 3 i also have running which I am not able to hear at all.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have 2 SLW20M pumps in my tank. You can hear one of them in random mode or anything above 70%. You have to be near the tank and listen for it. The other powerhead is perfectly silent in all modes.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back