Jellyfish

thefishtank

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning & Happy New Year Everyone! My husband and I own an aquarium design and maintenance company in Houston TX. We have a client looking for Nettle Jellyfish for his 600 Gal Jelly tank. I am conversing with a company in Dubai, but wanted to know if anyone knows of a legit company that they have dealt with, in or outside of the US. I have a company that I deal with in the US for Moon Jellies but of course they are not able to get Nettles at this time. Just thought I would throw a line out. Thanks Everyone (=
 
Good Morning & Happy New Year Everyone! My husband and I own an aquarium design and maintenance company in Houston TX. We have a client looking for Nettle Jellyfish for his 600 Gal Jelly tank. I am conversing with a company in Dubai, but wanted to know if anyone knows of a legit company that they have dealt with, in or outside of the US. I have a company that I deal with in the US for Moon Jellies but of course they are not able to get Nettles at this time. Just thought I would throw a line out. Thanks Everyone (=

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Chrysaora jellies are commonly kept and traded by public aquariums, but I don't know of any commercial sources. They are seasonal in the wild, but in captivity, they can be cultured year-round. I wrote an article on them back in 2015 for Coral magazine. I don't think the article itself is available online, but you might be able to find a copy of that issue:
https://www.coralmagazine.com/2015/...y-preview-coral-magazine-may-june-2015-issue/
One other possibility is that Gulf Specimen Company sells nettles seasonally, but I don't know if they sell direct to the public:
https://gulfspecimen.org/product-category/cnidaria/jellyfish/

Jay
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Chrysaora jellies are commonly kept and traded by public aquariums, but I don't know of any commercial sources. They are seasonal in the wild, but in captivity, they can be cultured year-round. I wrote an article on them back in 2015 for Coral magazine. I don't think the article itself is available online, but you might be able to find a copy of that issue:
https://www.coralmagazine.com/2015/...y-preview-coral-magazine-may-june-2015-issue/
One other possibility is that Gulf Specimen Company sells nettles seasonally, but I don't know if they sell direct to the public:
https://gulfspecimen.org/product-category/cnidaria/jellyfish/

Jay
Cool, I'll check out the article, thanks. I appreciate your feedback. (=
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new