JF Flame Acro

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perfect...can't wait to compare the two. I personally bought a piece of mattv (golden basket) burning candle acro off of reefnjunkie a couple months ago. In the course of our discussion it was disclosed that this was the same piece that Jason fox named whatever. YOU say they're different...and I respect that because you're willing to put your money where your mouth is...by offering a side by side comparison. SOME OTHER GUY says they're the same piece (but he can't reveal his deep secret to prove anything). I don't get it; it's a piece of coral.

The only "secret" I have is the person who told me this, That's it. So putting out the name won't reveal anything to you as well. So in other words you could care less about the coral and just want a name. Sorry to break your heart, but keeping friendships that I've made with ppl in this hobby mean more to me than pleasing some random person on a forum.

dgelz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol dude your the one getting all worked up over a coral, not I. And calling me "juvenile" is pretty lame bud, I also said in my first post months ago that I had a source and nobody in this thread posted and had to know the secret source. If you want gossip stick to watching keeping up with the Kardashian's.

"Secret source" lol. I'm not getting worked up...just think its "juvenile" to feel the need to bring up the fact that you know they're the same coral, yet then refuse to reveal your dark coral secret. You said they're the same...so support your claim. That rhymed.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Secret source" lol. I'm not getting worked up...just think its "juvenile" to feel the need to bring up the fact that you know they're the same coral, yet then refuse to reveal your dark coral secret. You said they're the same...so support your claim. That rhymed.

"The only "secret" I have is the person who told me this, That's it. "
Speculation...yawn.

Pot...kettle...black

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's funny, is that there are plenty of corals being sold right now that are the exact same species with a dozen different names.

It's very common right now...............we're getting to the point of over saturation with these names that people that buy the corals can't possibly keep them all straight.

Last edited:

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to $250 an inch for a stick people can get a little nutty in this stick game. Is it beautiful? Do you like it? Does it matter where you sourced it?

Let's just try not to kill it and let it spread and maybe that ridiculous price will go down....kinda like red dragon.

dgelz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not speculative, i have invoices and I own both pieces. i'll post pics tomorrow. you can decide for yourself. And they both cost around the same price. Or do like I did and buy both. :]

Ready to see those pics! What's the word?

kv69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flame and bc.jpg

I had them both in the top quarter. Just moved them down lots lower. I'll update as they color back up. Jf on rt bc on left. Sorry for the crappy pic, gotta start slinging tshirts. You can see how the red has bleached from my first photo a couple months ago.. After seeing CJ7's pic I am pretty sure we have the same animal here. Who got the BC from Gb last week? anyone here? jf plug base is fully encrusted, its going to its home as soon as I figure out where it performs best. Excuse my husbandry, but the di resin ran out and I manged to top off with 10 gallons of 5 tds and one 5 gallon wc. GHA in the high flow areas, boooooo.

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's funny, is that there are plenty of corals being sold right now that are the exact same species with a dozen different names.

It's very common right now...............we're getting to the point of over saturation with these names that people that buy the corals can't possibly keep them all straight.

This is so true!

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
[I image.jpg

Update

The one I have is starting to show the green polyps as well. That is interesting to me.

I don't have the yellow tip yet, but it's just a frag (fully encrusted), so I don't expect it to just yet.

I recently moved it down about 6" onto another frag rack to see if it'll develop into a darker red. It's somewhat light right now, but not pink.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 71.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back