JF Flame Acro

hatfielj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag of this that I got from Jason several months ago. Mine initially did okay, then started losing color. Shortly after that I found out my tank had AEFW, so I pulled all my corals (which were fortunately just frags) and treated them in QT and left the tank empty for over a month. While in QT, I thought for sure my flame acro was dead, it was all white, had RTN at the base where it had been encrusting and I ALMOST threw it away. But, I decided to give it a chance and placed it back in my tank a couple of weeks ago. Miraculously it is showing signs of recovery. Full polyp extension, color is slowly coming back, and it looks to be encrusting again! I'm so happy and hope it now has a chance to grow out. I'll post a photo in a few weeks when its hopefully looking alot better.

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag of this that I got from Jason several months ago. Mine initially did okay, then started losing color. Shortly after that I found out my tank had AEFW, so I pulled all my corals (which were fortunately just frags) and treated them in QT and left the tank empty for over a month. While in QT, I thought for sure my flame acro was dead, it was all white, had RTN at the base where it had been encrusting and I ALMOST threw it away. But, I decided to give it a chance and placed it back in my tank a couple of weeks ago. Miraculously it is showing signs of recovery. Full polyp extension, color is slowly coming back, and it looks to be encrusting again! I'm so happy and hope it now has a chance to grow out. I'll post a photo in a few weeks when its hopefully looking alot better.
good to hear its making a comeback

CJ7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have much to update on my piece, Its still encrusting. It looks like it's about to sprout a bunch of branches though.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'll get a pic later tonight of mine. It has encrusted about a 3"-4" diameter and is starting to sprout a few branches. Yaaaaay

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do you guys feel your getting better results lower light , higher light , low,med,high flow ?

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do you guys feel your getting better results lower light , higher light , low,med,high flow ?

Mine is in the lower half of my 180 under a 250w radium, medium to high flow

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx i will try to lower mines a bit i have it sitting high , growing pretty good just not getting the yellow in it yet

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thx i will try to lower mines a bit i have it sitting high , growing pretty good just not getting the yellow in it yet

Mine just recently started to get the yellow tips back. Seems like it will only get them when it's happy.

Back