Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting

Did JF steal the “homewrecker” name from cherry corals? Appears so bc he didn’t release his until 2015

Last edited:

lilopop11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it does not have traceable lineage back to Jason Fox then it is not a home wrecker. No Mari colonies are HW, period.
For me, its just for fun .. because whatever it's called, HW, WD, Pink Panther, etc .. in my place the common name is just tenuis and the price is only $3 for large colony, so, name doesn't really matter ..

Attachments

• IMG_20211108_065222-01.jpeg
    IMG_20211108_065222-01.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 213

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, its just for fun .. because whatever it's called, HW, WD, Pink Panther, etc .. in my place the common name is just tenuis and the price is only $3 for large colony, so, name doesn't really matter ..
Whatever they are, they are beautiful.

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
The amount of imported tenuis colonies I have seen with the same color pattern as the homewrecker makes me think the days of high priced acro frags will be coming to an end.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all steal names. They just put their initials on front of things... CC Whatever is the same as JF Whatever which is the same as RRC or RRUSA Whatever. UC seems to have been the worst. I always appreciated RMF and BC which tried to get unique names. It makes me mad since I have to remember to always say the Sexy Corals version of Orange Passion so that people don't buy any of the other dozen kinds.

Once the market is saturated with A. Tenuis colonies, then they will go into the abyss of past coral fads/crazes where only the elite of the elite, or stuff that is harder that most people kill, will be worth much, but less than now. ...still cool, but less costly. Duncans were like this along with acans that used to get $100 per mouth/head. I have not paid attention, but are torches back to reality yet?

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all steal names. They just put their initials on front of things... CC Whatever is the same as JF Whatever which is the same as RRC or RRUSA Whatever. UC seems to have been the worst. I always appreciated RMF and BC which tried to get unique names. It makes me mad since I have to remember to always say the Sexy Corals version of Orange Passion so that people don't buy any of the other dozen kinds.

Once the market is saturated with A. Tenuis colonies, then they will go into the abyss of past coral fads/crazes where only the elite of the elite, or stuff that is harder that most people kill, will be worth much, but less than now. ...still cool, but less costly. Duncans were like this along with acans that used to get $100 per mouth/head. I have not paid attention, but are torches back to reality yet?
Facts…I just didn’t know there was an earlier homewrecker

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whelp, my HW is still kicking. Tall, skinny and still hairless. By next month's pic, I will have it mounted. Still finishing the last of the aquascape.

Note the nice coralline algae coated DingDang Mille. Came down one morning and it was brown. Thing was going great, branching fast. And yes, I was lightly dosing Vibrant to put down a chrysophyte insurrection. I leave it there to keep me humble.

April versus December.

1639840631912.png

IMG-5628.jpg

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whelp, my HW is still kicking. Tall, skinny and still hairless. By next month's pic, I will have it mounted. Still finishing the last of the aquascape.

Note the nice coralline algae coated DingDang Mille. Came down one morning and it was brown. Thing was going great, branching fast. And yes, I was lightly dosing Vibrant to put down a chrysophyte insurrection. I leave it there to keep me humble.

April versus December.

1639840631912.png

IMG-5628.jpg
Vibrant isn’t allowed in my house

tp5056

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is a nice comparison.

I believe HW has to be one of the slowest growing acropora I have in my systems.

Anybody disagree?

I've got some slower growers but it's one of my hardiest pieces since it's survived various mistakes on my part (nutrient, alk, temp swings.)

I've also fragged this a few times now for some local reefers.

SecondCityCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The amount of imported tenuis colonies I have seen with the same color pattern as the homewrecker makes me think the days of high priced acro frags will be coming to an end.

I definitely think things have changed. I am seeing crazy amounts of indo imported non name colonies come into my LFS. They 're charging $40 for good sized frags with amazing color.

I was just talking to a vendor who sells....well everywhere frags sell person to person. And she was saying that no one is really buying frags at full price anymore. And I agree. The stuff being imported along with the colors and size are a lot more reasonably priced these days.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back