JoeKooL KoolReef 210 remodeling into 428 display Custom DIY sump net BOOM!

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of nice LPS shots enjoy :frog: straight from my Ipad. My names of awesomeness
Cherry Kool-aid
image.jpg

Lord Koolness
image.jpg

Froggy Kool Spawns
image.jpg

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Joe....... a bit narcissistic of you but pretty darn Kool names at that bud. Not bad pics with the IPad either but think your Acans are trying to tell ya something "I'm HUNGRY FEED ME !!!"

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised no one has said anything bummer.

Anyhow. Testing this am to see if new doser is getting the job done with my settings. Before I dosed with a manual jug. 4 squirts Ca 6 alk. Maybe I should have metered a squirt lol then I would have been closer. Oh well stats below with adjustments.

Ca 350 oops. Went from 100 ml to 140ml I also seem to be having issues reading my test kit. It says clear blue. It was blue at 350 but I couldn't get it to go CLEAR blue no matter how much more I added to the vial. Seems like I had no problem reading it before. Going to take sample to LFS to see if Im having issues.

Alk 12.1 dosing 80ml a day shouting for 11 trying to make zoa's happier. Went to 90ml a day to slow the roll.

Dosing 10ml Mg a day. Need to check it. Now that bryopsys is under control I can lower it a bit.

Phosphate 0.02 with increased feeding.

Nitrate
Haven't tested yet but every time I do the Red Sea kit doesn't detect any. But sure there is a small amount. Come to think of it I haven't checked it sence and ding new fish.

ORP is 425 to 455

Last edited:

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh there was plenty being said.... NICE! SWEET! AWESOME! and all that nonsense so I just deleted them all...... did not want you to get to BIG of a HEAD and become one of those 'Snobby Reefers' y'know.......................

Seriously though, looking pretty nice bud (notice all small case no caps with exclamation marks or anything)

Cheers, Todd

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Joe sorry... i have little to 0 signal in the hospital or time running to and from... FINALLY I have a few minutes while courtney is having tets run.

You're tank looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh there was plenty being said.... NICE! SWEET! AWESOME! and all that nonsense so I just deleted them all...... did not want you to get to BIG of a HEAD and become one of those 'Snobby Reefers' y'know.......................

Seriously though, looking pretty nice bud (notice all small case no caps with exclamation marks or anything)

Cheers, Todd

Ooops sorry Todd, I did the caps and exclamation hahaha!

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now have fully functional led lights with my apex. Only problem I found is that the way it works you have to set the programming to 47% before a channel will come on. It seems that 50 to 100% is like 0 to 100% with the knob. But it still works. Sure if my lights had analog drivers I would get better dimming but this is a PCM work around and I'll take it. Also the apex has a cool graph feature for setting the light intensity curve.

Reference for 155e dimmer circuitry
image.jpg

This pic is for apex pin reference but my lights are not analog like in the picture.
image.jpg

This is for PIN number and color reference.
image.jpg

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will see. I was checking out the WWC website. They have some nice stuff. Not a super huge selection but nice. Looked like all the frags were small though. Be nice to get some bigger pieces. Some of the prices ouch but most were okay. At least they weren't all expensive. I think I will get a few things from them soon. Of course sure would be nice to win that giveaway.

Anyways have a great day everyone.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also may need to get some nice analog drivers for my lights you have to have the setting close to 50% on these lights to get them to turn on with the PWM drivers installed. Has to be the circuitry of the dimmer to the PWM driver.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want to see all your fish at one time. Just wait until your AFS starts making noise and they all come running. Lol it's like I rang the dinner bell.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back