JoeKooL KoolReef 210 remodeling into 428 display Custom DIY sump net BOOM!

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny I went up 40 ppm by adding 200ml of calcium. I'm suspecting my test to be off. Has anyone heard of a salifert Ca kit going bad. Says its good to 2017

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk, I have the salifert cal test which also has 2017 exp. date, so we may have the same batch. Recently I checked all my tests with other I have, and compared the salifert cal with red sea cal test and Hanna Cal checker and they all were very close in their readings (ranged from 430-440). I'd still compare with other tests though to be sure

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Joe, the Reef is really starting to fill in nicely. Thanks in advance for that purdy Red Dragon start, am really trying to come up with a realistic plan for the new tanks aquascape and what/which and where Corals to be placed. My inspiration will be from a friends 240-ish with just 7-8 very mature hard coral colonies occupying the majority of the real estate with Z's & P's, encrusting and Softies spaced throughout. I'll continue to mix some of the colonies such as Birdnests/Seriatopora, Pocillopora and Caulastrea/Candycane and with a much taller tank be able to layer the plating colonies better. Anyhow, nice to see all your efforts paying off my friend.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just moved a few things around and mounted some frags to get ready for a PIF. There is still a few pieces I un intentionally fraged I need to mount.

Now Im over the Kenya trees hanging around my tank. About ready to through them in the trash. Maybe the LFS would want them.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean about those kenya trees! I'm setting my daughters 45g corner tank up to remove those and all the softies plus melting zoas to put into it ATM.

....... that deep blue acro is a real beauty :D

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also noticed how beautiful one of my red dragon corals is. Lighting is not right to take a photo at moment. I have been looking at some others so much and even though I saw it was looking good I finally took a moment to really look it over and it is looking great.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, i STILL haven't set mine up lol! The date and time is set and on a bracket with the tubing on... that's as far as i got. I think my underlying issue is that I'm worried about setting it wrong - i am a terrible procrastinator :eek:

I hear ya about the acro :D It feels great when something we love is doing so well!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back