joporeefpro's 1000 gallon TWV build

Outdrsyguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The edges reflect light and are actually higher par from the reflection. Watch the brs review and you'll see. I'd also watch the latest black box comparison video to see how effective those lights are at spreading light. Really great videos.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not in a rush to do this but I am a technology geek and really like the latest and greatest aka led. That being said I don't really have a ton of head room for halides and I'm also nervous about the heat they put off. The guys at world wide corals told me when I was down there that 4 gen 4's would be enough light but I'm just worried about the edges being dark...
If I were you I'd definitely give 4 gen 4's a run then and if you're not happy with coverage run some of your gen 1's till you can get the extra 4's to fill the coverage! You can always add more if you're not happy which is the great thing about Radions :)

What about 4 gen 4's and a couple of t5 tubes? Because with the 4 and a set of dual t5's on each of the outsides it would also work really well but you lose the controllability with that though

OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went for titanium heat exchanger heat with domestic on demand hot water! Loving it so far tank is way more stable in temp! Hoping it saves some money! Awesome concept and it was executed very simply.
4c5058a755dd49982e19b2650db5ea4c.jpg
3eb88e49487113f15f4a0088c9b1ec6a.jpg
b0351f90e6d59bbbeb2146ceb774f8c5.jpg

Cliff Shepherd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! Plus +1 on the heat exchanger, did you get that from the DIY thread?
Glad you found that stray voltage.
Following along on this as I am in the planning stages right now.

OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! Plus +1 on the heat exchanger, did you get that from the DIY thread?
Glad you found that stray voltage.
Following along on this as I am in the planning stages right now.

Thanks for the add, heating has saved me $200 a month on electric heat in the tank! Well worth the money and time! Plus I am in the propane business so it’s fun to be heating my tank with propane! I did use a couple peoples threads on diy to build it but in the end bought my own everything, didn’t really use their suggested brands and some of their methods. I just started a thread asking for suggestions on lighting this deep of a tank (36”) since your building now I am curious to see what you find. What size are you building? Where are you located? I have some connections I can help you out with if you would like! Chat soon.

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First thanks for sharing this awesome tank build. I just finish reading this thread. I'm having same issue with SPS in my not mature system. I just wanted to know since time has past are you seeing better results with coral? Do you believe that your tank just needed to mature. Like coralline and bacteria to build up? Great build lots of luck with new lights they work awesome.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I would agree foxfaces are poisonous I have hardly heard any problems with them. I won't put a lionfish in my tank but the rewards def outway the cons for this fish plus it's just a beautiful fish. Another thing is even if the rabbit fish attacks a fish picking on him it won't kill it or nuke ur tank.

I got three rabbit fish and about 11 tangs it so. No issues and my rabbits are huge

OP
OP
joporeefpro

joporeefpro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0124bed708debe4f8a8172ffe3aec1f8.jpg

Clown gobies came out today as they have been picking at / eating / preventing acros from opening. I am not crediting them with all of the die off but as the corals they are in tend to suffer... out they go.

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same experience. I watched one kill off a new acro frag within a few days. He ended up in my sump - his choice not mine :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back