Jorsh Reef

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you read the possible side affects with levamisole? there is a possible risk of a tank crash from what other's have experienced. Great job with your tank though

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know :(. I will take the risk, i can not sleep thinking that my corals are dying slowly!!

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet if you dose bacteria you'll minimize any potential losses. Please keep us posted

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer. Good luck with the treatment.

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for all your good vibe, i am starting to dose my tank with vermisol for birds, i saw some post from RC about that medicine not eliminate all the AEFW, but i just bought it and i am introducing to mi tank. Of course i overdose my tank from the standar of 5 grm / 300 gllns, i dont want to just try, i want to eliminate all the aefw.

First 30 mins: i am watching a lot but a lot of microorganisms flying in the water, nassarius, pods and serpent stars died, some of my fish are gasping, i am with no lights, some of the aefw try to hidden with lights.

My dose was 1.5 Grm in my 80 gllns

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Hrs: All fine, fish are fine eating well, stomatellas died, AEFW moving but no dead!, Corals are fine no polyp retracted, a little desperate cause AEFW are live! i am suspecting that the medicine does not work.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmm it may take some time?

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 Hrs: As i said, i use Vermisol (23.6 mg Levamisol), my experience was "non grata", AEFW not killed, i extract the frags that has necrosis and washed in Revive, a lot of AEFW jump out, my theory was that vermisol not killed AEFW, i have to change my strategy, too bad and bad news!

Blue tang so estressed and anthias either, that pest is a demon convert into a worm!

i put carbon and turn on the skimmer, bad experience cause AEFW are still in the tank!

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have acces to interceptor? It it used int the states for heart worm. I don't have experience with it, but have read that it is effective against aefw. It will kill your cuc and good inverts though. Definately read up about it.

Good luck!!

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad it didn't work. Have you tried a Yellow Coris Wrasse? I've heard those can keep them at bay. Otherwise you may have to tear your tank down and start over. At least you can dip the remaining corals and put them in another tank.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the Bayer insecticide?

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad it didn't work. Have you tried a Yellow Coris Wrasse? I've heard those can keep them at bay. Otherwise you may have to tear your tank down and start over. At least you can dip the remaining corals and put them in another tank.

True!, about the information in the net all of the users thinks that the unique solution is dip the corals and start over again, cause some of the eggs are invisible to our eyes and it can be imposible to eliminate them, i think that a yellow coris can work as a preventive but no eliminate the problem.

What about the Bayer insecticide?
Yes, like a dip!

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second Day: Fishies are shy and hidden behind rocks, some corals with retracted polyps, some of the AEFW are in the crystals, "oh my god devil in person", my experience is that levamisol not work fast, or maybe the dosage is too weak.

I think last night so much and a unique solution is to start over again,

1.- remove all the corals
2.- dip them
3.- pull out the rocks and eliminate all microorganism with vinegar,
4.- pull out the sand bed and clean it all
5.- made an eggcrate to plug them and shelter the corals
6.- Observe the corals for about 6 weeks (sht)
7.- Dip them constantly
8.- Put the rock in a quarantine zone & the sand bed and add bacteria, stabilize PH
9.- Once the AEFW disspears return the rock & sand bed to the aquarium
10.- Once more time! jeje

What dou you think guys about this?

I think that i will lost a lot of time to try to erradicate the AEFW with the levamisol and some of the eggs can be hidden in the rocks or sand bed and it will be a never ending story.

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad!

Plugs are ready!

2w3qlbp.jpg

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok as i said i will document my experience with the AEFW

My first step was to made the plugs, cut all the corals, and pull out rock and sand bed.

Levamisol is so harmful with all invertebrates and fishes, i dont like the effect, and after medicate my tank AEFW "still alive", that was my personal reason to cut my corals, i took a millepora two days after the threatment and it has AEFW yet, i thought so much about if levamisol works or not and i decided to take a drastic solution.

Corals are on the eggcrate with their plugs, so sorry about that but i think that it it neccesary if i want to save my corals, i found some eggs hidden into a millepora and saw some AEFW into the sand, my plan is renove the sand bed and cure the rock, at least the rock is in RODI water waiting for the sand bed to star the cycle outside from my display, i will battle the AEFW dipping them for about 6 weeks, after that i reload the Jorsh Reef!

Thank you for your posts ill aprecciate so much!

14ifthi.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back