Jorsh Reef

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, impressive amount of work you did to eradicate this pest! I'm sure you will be successful.

Also btw, your tank still looks great even with no rock and the big PVC in the middle! lol!

Beautiful job, keep us updated!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keep it up man!

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

​AN UPDATE!
No more Worms!

I washed my corals for the third time, i did not see any flatworms, as we know my tank was converted into a quarantine zone, and i must go out my rocks and sandbed, i lost a colony of echinata hawkins, i never know that it bleach with the revive, never wash echinatas with revive.

I did not see flatworms and no jump out with the revive, i am happy but the war is not end still.:yield:

My advice is that Flatworms not died with levamisol because big colonys has a lot of holes and places that are not visible to human eye, and eggs are into every side, the only solution that work for me was to go out rocks and sandbed and quarantine my aquarium. :painkiller:

Sorry for my grammar!! this is not my language!

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wish i had seen this earlier...i have a foot wide montipora that was riddled with AEFW and my tank as a whole was riddled with them earlier this year just before my tank crashed...i had gotten a melenurus wrasse, a yellow coris wrasse, and a cosmetus wrasse, these three fish added to my tank eliminated these worms in 2 days flat and ihave not seen 1 since...i love the fish as they are beautiful and great eaters so i would have recommended this before tearing a tank down or trying to add chemicals into the tank but i hope this works for you also =) GOOD LUCK!!!

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wish i had seen this earlier...i have a foot wide montipora that was riddled with AEFW and my tank as a whole was riddled with them earlier this year just before my tank crashed...i had gotten a melenurus wrasse, a yellow coris wrasse, and a cosmetus wrasse, these three fish added to my tank eliminated these worms in 2 days flat and ihave not seen 1 since...i love the fish as they are beautiful and great eaters so i would have recommended this before tearing a tank down or trying to add chemicals into the tank but i hope this works for you also =) GOOD LUCK!!!

Yes! of course that nature is unique and we cant copy its beauty, i think that natural methods are the best, in my opinion wrasses only keep AEFW at edge but not eliminate its eggs, if you have a big population of AEFW it is so complicated, i think that wrasses is good option like the first one, but in my case AEFW were so fast and acroporas died in days, another factor is that personality means a lot in an aquarium and my personality is so drastic and i dont want wrongs that in a future cause headaches.

it is so rare that montiporas has AEFW, but it can occur like an invasion (think so), but i agree with you Wrasses are the first option to eliminate them, second Tank crash hahaha
Thank you!

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40 days!
after threatments of Revive in a quarantine(my aquarium) i see no more AEFW and eggs was eliminate, my next step is to wash my corals once more time and cut braces from its base, mount rock and sandbed and paste my corals on rocks.

Wish me Luck and i willl post images!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's great news bro!

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 08/02/13

Sorry about the update but i am very busy, my tank was reload about a month, i dont see any worms yet, i dont know if i win the battle but i dont see any sign of bits or worms on the acros, at least i am very happy with the result just waiting 8 more acros to complete my collection and let them to grow, as you can see there are a lot of corals around 60, just lost a pearlbearry, a watermellon romels, a banana and my echinata hawkins but my friend from Mexico will send me that acros. And maybe i put into a scolymias and some chalices.

ok, so much words, lets get some pics!!

First a panoramic and i will upload a lot of macros!!

2yytdsi.jpg

OP
OP
Jorsh

Jorsh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bubble gum millepora was the most affected, it has a lot of AEFW, but today looks so sexy!!
1z6s7z4.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still looks really nice. looking forward to seeing the corals grown out. 1smile1

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back