Jul 2024 POTM: Montis

  • Thread starter Thread starter maroun.c
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
IMG_2682.jpeg
 
Great color. What kind of Montipora is that? The polyp mouths make me think it looks more like an Echinophyllia. But I am not the best with coral IDs
I don’t know either. The owner of the aquarium shop said it was an Montipora, so I bought it.By the way Its color is actually pink, but due to the blue light it appears purple.
 
Last edited:
I’ve gone hunting for the remaining montis in my system, none of them are POTM worthy.
It’s not just about the photo. Your fellow Reefers are the ones who vote on you to win! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Jerry Springer guarding the natural grafted monti. Not sure where the green came from but I'm happy it did!
IMG_20240705_123129071~2.jpg

Motorola Edge, no filter, white balance to 6500K.

Sand storm courtesy of Lex Leuco the H. Leucoxanthus.
 
Here’s my back from the dead red monti. It came with the tank when I moved it and was about quarter size and all brown.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3329.jpeg
    IMG_3329.jpeg
    225.9 KB · Views: 48
It’s not just about the photo. Your fellow Reefers are the ones who vote on you to win! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
its a photo competition not a popularity contest so it should be the other way around ;)
still agree with encouraging all to post even with regular subject or less camera skills as its a fun conmpetition after all.
 
A chunk of monti cap chilling on the frag rack while I decide on its forever home, and get brave enough to take on the psycho clown :eek:

monti cap.jpg
loving the polyps on these. undata like!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new