Jul 2025 POTM : Survivor

ok ill try this again. here is my entry pic
20250223_175412.jpg
 
ok ill try this again. here is my entry pic
20250223_175412.jpg

That would have been my choice. Such a cool shot.

NOT MY SUBMISSION

The rest of the survivors that made it with the naso.

Purple
PXL_20241010_232442579~4.jpg


Convict
PXL_20241010_232421631~3.jpg


The hippo
PXL_20240413_170456225.jpg
 
Last edited:
That would have been my choice. Such a cool shot.


The rest of the survivors that made it with the naso.

Purple
PXL_20241010_232442579~4.jpg


Convict
PXL_20241010_232421631~3.jpg


The hippo
PXL_20240413_170456225.jpg
As per POTM rules u need to add "not my submission about these so we do t select them by mistake for the vote,
 
Here's my little lady Leopard Wrasse (Macropharyngodon meleagris). She's been with me for a little over a year now (I got her in April of '24). When she was first purchased she was about an inch long and looked fairly healthy. I plopped her in the tank with two Halichoeres wrasses (a melanurus full male about 5", and a transitioning leucoxanthus about 4"). There was a little bit of chasing, but nothing serious. A little while later, my family went on about a 2 week vacation. When I returned, she was still swimming but she was SKINNY! I dropped in all kinds of food and she would act interested but spit everything back out after sampling it. I was afraid she wasn't going to make it... I went to the Coral Farmer's Market show a few days later and they handed me a bottle of Oyster Feast as my gift basket for purchasing a ticket. I brought that home and she ate! And begged for more. From that day forward she has eaten anything and everything I feed to the tank. BUT a couple of weeks later, she jumped out of the tank through the egg crate lid I had because she was still tiny and skinny. Luckily I heard the noise and came to investigate and found her on the lid. I scooped her up and plopped her back in.

Today, she is fat, healthy, happy, and always looking for more food!

Taken with my Motorola Edge, no filters, just white balance adjustment pre-photo.

image.jpg
 
Shame this one isn't a collage about coral. I've got a super survivor that would make a great comeback story!
Thats agood subject for a future POTM !
 
WhatsApp Image 2025-07-22 at 14.33.08.jpeg

HERES MY ENTRY:
My Male Royal Gramma – 4 Years and Counting

(Ignore the clowns photobombing!)


This guy has been with me for four years and counting. He went through a horrible bout of ich that completely covered his body. I remember watching him constantly rub against the rocks, which unfortunately caused permanent damage to his scales—those white patches you see on his body, especially on the purple areas, are the scars.


I pulled everyone out of the tank and treated them using the Tank Transfer Method (TTM), while I let the main tank go fallow. After a very long two months, everyone went back in. Sadly, I lost two wrasses during the process, but this little fighter pulled through.


He now carries a few battle scars, and while he may not be the most pristine Royal Gramma, he’s my favorite. I’m grateful he made it, and I hope to enjoy many more years with him.
 
I'm going to bump this so we can get more entries in this!
 
This is Sushi, my marcosi tilefish, and even though I’ve only had it a short while, we’ve already been through so much!

OFFICIAL ENTRY:

sushi.jpg


At the LFS it was stuck in a tiny container with two other tiles for weeks, so I really couldn't resist taking it home.

During acclimation I tried to gently pick up Sushi and transfer it into my QT tank using my hands, but it had other ideas. The moment it hit the water it shot out of the tank from about 2 feet up (so around 5-6 feet total) and landed on my hardwood floor. Luckily, it was totally unharmed.

Next it nearly 'choked' on a mussel I offered to the other fish in QT. It bit off such a huge chunk I had to grab tweezers and pull it out of its mouth later.

(NOT AN ENTRY, CONTEXT ONLY)


Then my QT broke out in ich, so I started treating with copper power. Unfortunately, the other fish didn't make it through due to a secondary fungal infection. One week into copper power, my tilefish started flashing, targeting its gill area - so now we had a flukes outbreak, too. I treated with copper safe and general cure at the same time. 12 hours in, the tilefish started breathing heavily, gasping at the surface, panicking, and getting stuck against the overflow grid anytime it didn't have the energy to swim anymore. I didn’t sleep at all that night, and almost cried seeing it like this, questioning my choice to use both medications at the same time. It pulled through at the end - no more ich or flukes!

(NOT AN ENTRY, CONTEXT ONLY)


And now in my DT it somehow jumped and wedged itself in the small gap between my light mount bracket and the tank wall, completely out of the water. Luckily, I heard the splash from another room, noticed its tail sticking out of the bracket, and was able to unscrew it and get it out just in time. Unharmed! In the video below, you can see me installing a 3D printed insert - that's exactly where it got stuck!

(NOT AN ENTRY, CONTEXT ONLY)



This little guy's given me heart attacks since day one, but I love it to bits - it’s got the most amazing, puppy like personality.

(NOT AN ENTRY, CONTEXT ONLY)
 
I had an almost complete tank wipe due to Velvet in early '22. One of the only survivors was my Convict, Pootie Tang:

1000003960.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new