July 17, 2011 Meeting

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We dont have a date set, and no one has chimed in on how this swap/trade/dirty santa is gonna go down.

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tentative date will be Sunday the 17th of July and the format for the frag swapping will be posted by Zef as it's his meeting!
More to follow
Thanks Bill

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
July meeting will be
Sunday July 17,2011
3:30pm-7:00pm at
mallards family restaurant
3803 Dickerson pike
Nashville tn 37207

So far I like the dirty Santa frag exchange may be fun doing it this way. What you guy/girls thing. Let's hear your input on this. Plus if you like you can bring what every you want to sell or trade. But this is for club members only so give some deal to your fellow club members.

If your not a club member you may join us for our lil swap but you must signe up for membership and pay your dues of $20. to join. There will be food and drinks

There will be no tank setup. Everyone just brings there frags in bags or cup with a lid.

More info coming.
Thanks Zef

Last edited:

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the dirty santa idea as well. But that means you have to bring a frag to participate and not everyone will have one, while others might have 1-10 frags. Is there a way to allow everyone to get in on it?

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I or someone can donate this person a frag to join in on the DSFE( Dirty santa frag exchange).

OP
OP
poolkeeper1

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can donate some to those that do not have any to trade also but only on the condition that they in the Future Pay it foward to another person that is just starting out. I feel that what goes around comes around and in this way you repay your good fortune.
Bill

SmyrnaReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dirty Santa rules:

1. Everyone that brings a frag for dirty santa does so in a none see through bag.
2. everyone participating picks a random number from jar that contains 1 number per person participating.
3. person that draws #1 goes first and picks a bag (hopefully not theirs)
4. person that draws #2 can either pick the coral from person #1 or pick from the pile. if person #1 coral is picked, they must pick from the pile and then it is #3 turn
5. #3 can pick from pile or choose one that is already open.
6. continues until last person has chosen.

throughout game, a single coral can only be stolen TWICE. the choice is always there to pick from the pile or from someone else unless you are #1.

how does this sound. and no one can bring boxing gloves.

let me know what you think, this is just suggested rules, hopefully they are clear, atleast they make sense to me

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U didn't mention that u open the bag after its picked from the pile .. this is what makes it dirty santa is that u steal the persons good gift after its been exposed or u can try for better gift.

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U didn't mention that u open the bag after its picked from the pile .. this is what makes it dirty santa is that u steal the persons good gift after its been exposed or u can try for better gift.

That's awesome. I'm not sure if I will be able to participate since I'm a newb and don't have any frags yet. But to see the look on people's faces after their stuff has been stolen is priceless. My wife's family does dirty santa every new year's eve and it's awesome cuz some people bring crap/gag gifts on purpose. If I had frags I would bring a bag full of algae and a bag with a killer frag and see how someone reacts when they get the algae. bwahahahaha

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitch you took my idea. Lol
Got you covered on the frag to partake in the dirty Santa frags exchange.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are we able to bring guests to our meetings? There's a guy in town that we just met Friday then he met Rhett yesterday, and is just getting started again with a nano after selling his 125 a while back (space issues mostly).

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back