Clownfish.gif

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!

I've been in the SW game on and off for 15ish years having everything between a 3 gallon and a 90 gallon. I've been a member of R2R for awhile but mostly lurked around. I've been slowly putting together the pieces for a 210g build so I figured I should post in here and say hello. I'm finally putting everything together and getting close to water!

I'm running a remote sump to the basement since we fortunately have a peculiarly large furnace room which happens to be right about under the tank. Plumbing has never been my strong suit so I'd love some opinions if you have them!

Jimbo's Build Thread
Welcome!

whale GIF

fin mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just curious. Why did you take a hiatus and what is motivating you to get back in? I’m seriously contemplating getting back in. As you said, I’ve been skulking around R2R for ideas and new approaches, trying to see if I’m really ready. I think reef fatigue is definitely a real thing.

OP
OP
Jimbo7

Jimbo7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all of the warm welcomes! Its definitely easier to keep pushing on a project when there is a supportive community to engage with. I've updated my information with my build thread to get my fancy tag.

I’m just curious. Why did you take a hiatus and what is motivating you to get back in? I’m seriously contemplating getting back in. As you said, I’ve been skulking around R2R for ideas and new approaches, trying to see if I’m really ready. I think reef fatigue is definitely a real thing.

This is a good question which I'm not sure I fully know the answer to. I've moved a couple of times over the last 5 or so years and I've had a 25g lagoon tank that had made the move as well. When we finally moved this last time out of apartments and into a house I decided to take the tank down and take a break until I could really get the tank I wanted. I think moving the smaller one several times and dealing with the fallout that comes with a move were all pretty big setbacks that left me frustrated. I think knowing this next project will be more long term and is a size tank I've always wanted has been the big push forward in motivation to come back.

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back to the full on life! Hope things are going well and you've got the build you want. 210 is amazing and I'm crazy jealous because I want to get a bigger tank SO badly.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back