Jumping Fish

Freakmachine01

Guess who I'v seen today... Everyone I looked at.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had a queen anthias fish jumped out of their tank? Right after my weekly weekend water change as I was doing tonight I was cleaning up, looked over at the floor and my fish was on the floor. It's skin was dry so it must have been out of my tank for a couple hours. So I'm just wondering is this normal for them to do this or should I be looking for another concern? All of my tank parameters are spot on like they normally are I'm just curious if something may have spooked it and what might have been the cause I've had this fish for a year now with no problems whatsoever please help.

IMG_20211128_220505174_HDR.jpg

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had a queen anthias fish jumped out of their tank? Right after my weekly weekend water change as I was doing tonight I was cleaning up, looked over at the floor and my fish was on the floor. It's skin was dry so it must have been out of my tank for a couple hours. So I'm just wondering is this normal for them to do this or should I be looking for another concern? All of my tank parameters are spot on like they normally are I'm just curious if something may have spooked it and what might have been the cause I've had this fish for a year now with no problems whatsoever please help.

IMG_20211128_220505174_HDR.jpg
Not anthias in particular, but I had all manners of fish jump - both freshwater and saltwater. Fish jumping is very normal I am afraid, even when parameters are absolutely perfect and everything is absolutely stable.

When I first started in the saltwater side of the hobby everyone screamed at me for trying to have a lid on my tank. Like literally every single person.

My favourite clown jumped. :(

Nowadays everyone recommends a lid. That or accept the risk.

Note, does not have to be a tight glass lid. Mesh lid seems to work to significantly reduce the risks.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back