Just a Noob

joedruga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef Community,

I am a complete NooB to the aquarium world. I have limited experience with a small freshwater tank. . . that I have enjoyed over the past couple years. BUT I would like to really have a setup that is super to look and and enjoy! I am looking forward to learning something new and stepping through the process establishing a wonderful indoor sea to enjoy.

Thank you for all the knowledge that you have already put into this online community. This will be my go to place for gaining wisdom and looking for answers. Thank you for posting pictures / video of your aquariums they are informative and inspiring!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome! This is definitely the place to be if you are looking for some knowledge. Everyone is always happy to help. Feel free to shoot us a massage if there is ever anything we can help with.

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef Community,

I am a complete NooB to the aquarium world. I have limited experience with a small freshwater tank. . . that I have enjoyed over the past couple years. BUT I would like to really have a setup that is super to look and and enjoy! I am looking forward to learning something new and stepping through the process establishing a wonderful indoor sea to enjoy.

Thank you for all the knowledge that you have already put into this online community. This will be my go to place for gaining wisdom and looking for answers. Thank you for posting pictures / video of your aquariums they are informative and inspiring!
Welcome to reefing!

A few tips to help you on your way:

Use Distilled (like the kind at supermarkets, with no minerals added or anything), or RODI (water filtered through a Reverse Osmosis Deionization filter) and not tap water when mixing saltwater.

Have an ATO (automatic topoff) on your tank to keep the salinity stable, the tank water will naturally evaporate, and the ATO will replace what gets evaporated.

When doing a WC (water change) make sure temperature and salinity match your tank.

Make sure tank is 100% cycled before adding any animals.

Look into the QT (quarantine) of new fish to prevent diseases

Back