OP
gidelgadojr

gidelgadojr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stay away from tangs with a tank that size. Have you considered a royal gramma? Nice colors and would love living in that aquascape. A cherub angel would be a really nice centerpiece fish for a tank your size. Bangaii cardinals are a good open mid water swimmer. I have a yellow coris wrasse which is very bright and active, will hunt your pod population tho. Benefit is it will take care of some pests if they get introduced on coral frags. And you can't go wrong with a goby pistol shrimp combo, that's probably going to be my next addition.
Regardless of what you decide on make sure you do a bit of research of the specific fish on your own before purchase. Even a quick Google in the store just to confirm is helpful.
Royal gramma is definitely on the list, been looking into wrasse but I hear tons of issues with them jumping out even with a lid. I have a custom egg crate lid I made. I do have a pistol shrimp already in there I found it finally. So I may try pairing it with a goby, seems interesting.

OP
OP
gidelgadojr

gidelgadojr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two new members to the tank today, 2 months in everything looks great. Update on my zoas.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
gidelgadojr

gidelgadojr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2.5 month update!! I can’t go to the fish store without buying anything. My water parameters have been great. Salt is 1.025 and attached are the rest of parameters. Ph a little low, working on it. I’m honestly surprised all the fish get along so well. Attached is a video. I have a CSB anemone I won in a raffle coming in this week as well, so excited. What next steps should I take??

324B2110-5728-423E-8B41-196A67B28834.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5474.mp4
    1.6 MB
OP
OP
gidelgadojr

gidelgadojr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update!! Got a CSB nem thriving and two more corals!
Fish now up to:
2 clowns
1 blue hippo
1 Royal gramma
1 divided leopard wrasse
1 tiger goby
may be done adding fish, now to add more coral. Any suggestions?! 09823852-AAC1-4B08-9D06-2D82F28B1233.jpeg 0073CBC4-7B19-44CB-A645-DBB85EEA5B2F.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5718.MOV
    6.6 MB
  • IMG_5587.MOV
    23.3 MB

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back